“Lovely, relaxing experience”

Napa Valley Lodge
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Yountville
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed May 9, 2014

My husband and I just spent two nights at this property. We had the king vineyard view room and found it to be wonderful. It was clean, spacious, nicely decorated and the bathroom was fabulous (large shower, separate make up vanity). We found the bed and pillows very comfortable. We absolutely loved sitting on the patio and looking out onto the vineyard. We also enjoyed the fireplace. The lobby is cozy. They serve coffee all day, cookies in the afternoon and they held a very nice wine tasting one of the evenings. The breakfast was plentiful but we are early risers and would have preferred an earlier start (it begins at 8am). The staff was very nice and quite helpful with services such as restaurant recommendations, airport transportation and shipping wine home. Yountville is a great little town. Although this property is a bit expensive, I priced the others in Yountville and this was the best price for the level of accommodations. We would recommend it and if we are ever in that area in the future, would stay again.

Room Tip: We really loved the vineyard view
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Laura K

Reviewed May 6, 2014

We stayed at NVL for 4 nights for my wife's 29th birthday in their King Junior Suite. The suite was huge, we received a bottle of wine and card welcoming us (part of the VIP wine tour package) and opted for the nightly turn down service. They cookies each night were amazing as was the breakfast delivered to your room. The town of Yountville is such a small quiet place and we walked to dinner every night - Bottega, and Redd and French Laundry are all in walking distance.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 6, 2014

I guess by Napa valley standards this is an excellent property. Unfortunately I travel regularly and was completely underwhelmed. For five hundred dollars a night you are completely ripped off. The bed is hard, the room has a funny musky smell to it, and our room had a mechanical noise going all night like a fan that wasn't working properly. Of course our room was by the pool equipment so that was probably it. To top it all off I forgot my sweater in the room, they called to let me know and then wanted to charge me to mail it back to my house. I live 45 min away, the only reason I had even gotten a room in the area was because I was going to a concert and didn't want to drive back late. Now offering to mail my sweater to me was a good gesture on their part, following it up by asking which credit card to charge the mail order too when i had just paid five hundred dollars for one night stay is not. The staff is pretty nice, but really napa, though beautiful, is a complete rip off for what you get. All of the hotels in the area are substandard while charging a premium. If you want to go wine tasting, stay at a decent hotel and have a beautiful view of the hills and the ocean I say go to Carmel valley.

Reviewed April 28, 2014

I recently organized a college reunion of a bunch of gals. We stayed for two nights and each and everyone of the 27 people who stayed and attended the reunion had nothing but a great experience. The service is lovely and inviting. The rooms are large and welcoming. The pool area was very well done, quiet and relaxing. I would not hesitate to stay here again and recommend it highly. The breakfast buffet was very robust! I expected a few danishes and fruit bowls and was pleasantly surprised by the variety and offerings.

And as everyone has noted, the location is absolutely fantastic.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank tripfemme
Reviewed April 25, 2014

We chose this hotel for our visit to the area because we had been so impressed with one of its sister hotels (The Monterey Plaza). Although we had a wonderful experience here in many ways, the Monterey Plaza is a larger property, a hotel and not a lodge, and a more full service experience. Nevertheless, the staff we encountered here were, without exception, friendly and very helpful- the front desk staff was exceptional at every point in the day. One of them (I wish I remembered her name) helped to set us up with what turned out to be the highlight of our trip, a tour/tasting at the nearby Round Pond olive oil mill (and orchard although in April there are no olives yet on the trees).

The complimentary breakfast is a nice touch- especially the champagne- although both my wife and I would have preferred more whole grain choices.

The room décor was not very impressive unfortunately. Our room had high ceiling and looked fairly plain overall because the walls were so bare.

The location is very handy- at the north end of the main drag in town and we walked it many times. But what should be made clear is how close this property sits to Rte 29 which becomes a fairly busy highway fairly early in the AM. We stayed in a corner room, known as courtyard view. It also had a decent vineyard view, but all rooms facing that way seem to have a highway view, it should be known. Not a major drawback, but worth mentioning.

Room Tip: I am not of the opinion that spending a lot of extra money for a "vineyard view" is worth...
Reviewed April 23, 2014

Perfect strolling distance to Yountville shopping and amazing Napa dining.

Enjoy the fire pits poolside at night with a bottle of vino.

Great complimentary breakfast buffet with bottomless bubbly.

The rooms are comfortable.

Room Tip: Book with as much advance as possible.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 21, 2014

We stayed here for 2 nights in a king-sized bed with fireplace (vineyard view). I was very please with the staff throughout the stay. The checking in (and out) was very easy (not time consuming as many other hotels) and pleasant. There were cookies (devine chocolate chip that were soft and chewy) and Starbucks coffees (and water) in the reception area for the guests. The room is huge with a comfortable bed and a fireplace. There was also a complimentary bottle of Cab Sav (Argentinian) awaiting in the room. The view of the vineyard was fine but it is right in front of the highway (a tad bit of noise). The bathroom was clean and the amenities were great (also facial make up towels were provided). The building has a beautiful architecture. My favourite part is the heated pool and the spa tub. The whole pool area is just beautiful with the sitting area that has fire pit in the middle. The breakfast was quite extensive with the flowing champagne! The hotel staff organised the winery tour for us and they were very helpful with the recommendations. We enjoyed the couples massage at the hotel ($115/person). Overall, we really glad that we chose to stay here and would definitely come back for another stay in the future.

Room Tip: Choose the room that face the courtyard (upstairs) as this would be a better view.
1  Thank Azlina D
Also consider these accommodations in or near Yountville
Hotel Yountville
Andaz Napa
Andaz Napa
#4 of 30 in Napa
Harvest Inn by Charlie Palmer

Been to Napa Valley Lodge? Share your experiences!