Napa was a tough search for us. The region is so expensive overall that it's hard to know if you are really getting what you pay for. NVL had great reviews here, so we got the best rate we could on a King Fireplace room (not really necessary in July!) overlooking the courtyard and pool.
We arrived early and didn't expect our room to be ready (which it wasn't), but the front desk hostess said they would call us when it was if we wanted to go have lunch. When asked for a recommendation, she said "You really can't go wrong anywhere in the neighborhood!" We found this to be a very accurate statement over the weekend!
The hotel's location is great, within walking distance to Bottega, Bouchon, and Bouchon Bakery as well as a number of tasting rooms and other fantastic restaurants. It's very small-town main street feeling, but with a completely upscale slant! Very relaxing!
Being in Yountville was a much better option, in our opinion, than Napa, as it was easier to get to the north valley wineries (Frank Family!!) and not quite as busy as Napa. I might look in St. Helena next trip, but would be hard pressed to pass up NVL again.
Free wine tastings hosted by particular wineries on Thursday and Friday afternoons in the lobby. We didn't avail ourselves of the complimentary breakfast, but free champagne!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of Napa Valley, in the charming town of Yountville, the Napa Valley Lodge is just steps away from world-renowned restaurants, specialty shops, and award winning wine tasting rooms. The Lodge is located at the north end of town away from the hustle and bustle of Yountville, but within easy strolling distance. Our property is designed in the Tuscan villa style and adorned with lush landscaping and thoughtful details at every turn, from trickling fountains to our popular outdoor fire pit and pool area. The Lodge welcomes you with a friendly and experienced staff that is committed to making your stay as special as possible. The Napa Valley Lodge's 55 guestrooms are spacious, private, and graciously furnished. Our guestrooms feature private verandahs, many with courtyard, garden, or vineyard views, and fireplaces. A Champagne continental breakfast buffet is served complimentary every morning from 8:00am-10:00am.All rooms are non-smoking, have deluxe honor bars, complimentary wireless internet (WiFi) access, flat screen TVs, desks, and fresh brewed coffee. All guest bathrooms have been completely renovated with walk-in glass showers, granite vanity counters, and limestone floors. For your convenience, our guestrooms include irons, ironing boards, two plush micro fiber robes, hair dryers and a variety of complimentary personal amenities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Napa Valley Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Napa Valley Hotel Yountville
- Napa Valley Yountville
- Napa Valley Lodge Yountville, CA