All reviewscarriage housemain buildingwine and cheese hournapa valleyfrench countrysidewhite cheeseother guestsquichecookiesfrench stylebreakfast roomhot tubcharming b boatmealcrackersbouchon bakerytwo nights
Reviewed June 22, 2010

We are in the Napa Valley a few times a year and have stayed in big chain hotels, small local hotels and other B&Bs, and the Maison Fleurie is definitely our favorite of all the places to stay. For our next trip to Napa, we plan to enjoy the hospitality of Maison Fleurie again!

The location is convenient - right off highway 29 in Yountville, in a quiet and safe neighborhood. Walking distance from restaurants in Yountville, and an easy drive to/from the wineries in the Napa region. Ginny at the Maison Fleurie was an incredibly gracious and helpful hostess. Room was beautiful, clean, spacious and comfortable. Breakfast in the morning was delicious....hot coffee, vegetarian quiche, bread pudding, fresh fruit, cereals, toast....anything you could possibly want to eat!

And if that isn't enough....the best part of the stay was the morning run (and bike ride) down Yount Street. Pop out of the hotel and you're on a quiet (little to no cars) road that winds through the town into the vineyards with simply amazing views all around. Maison Fleurie offers free bike "rentals" if you're not into running.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 15, 2010

My husband and I stayed here for 3 nights. The good: It's in a great location, near everything in Yountville and the town is really cute. It's a perfect location to explore Napa and Sonoma. The general areas and rooms are very nicely decorated, no detail goes without attention. They have free bikes. They also have free wireless internet in all the rooms. The kitchen/cleaning staff is absolutely wonderful!
The bad: The breakfast is just okay. We've stayed at many B&B, some less expensive and their breakfasts were much better. For the price of the room it should be a quality breakfast. We first stayed in room 7, the top room. When we arrived and the front desk lady went upstairs with us, we noticed that the room was really hot - the sun hits it all day. I asked her to set the AC a little lower so we could sleep comfortably. One of the problems is that rooms share AC at the Inn, and the AC control is at the front desk, our room was on the 3rd floor, no elevator. We couldn't sleep because of the heat, I ended up going downstairs at 2 am and noticed that the staff had turned the AC off! Not appreciated. The bathroom in this room is tiny, so if you're a big guy, it might be uncomfortable. We then moved to room 12 by the pool. It's really nice and big, nice bathroom too, but you can hear the garbage trucks in the morning.

All in all I feel like it's a bit overpriced but everything in this area is overpriced. Although next time, I'll try to hunt for a better deal.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 26, 2010

The second time in 3 years we have stayed here. Very clean and staff was wonderful and friendly. Has the usual B&B breakfast but with an afternoon wine and snack reception for 2 hours that is great. Located perfectly in Yountville, CA in the center of town (which is small). Great location for wine tasting. Quiet at nite, has a main house with 2 other buildings which have a large choice of rooms from small and quaint to jet tubs in the room. All the quests seemed to be quite happy with their choice and a few commented on the pretty reasonable room prices compared to others they had tried. I would recommend this pretty property to anyone staying in wine country. It even has a swimming pool and an outside jacuzzi on a patio with free bicycles to use and a fridge with complimentary sodas for the guests. Have fun.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 25, 2010

Book early to obtain accommodations. Two nights minimum to fully enjoy the area and spectacular wineries.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 9, 2010

Hubby and I wanted to take our first family vacation with our 8 week old son. We were really concerned about not disturbing other guests. I called this B&B and asked them if we could bring our son, and they welcomed him with wide open arms! I was so happy, as I have read on other B&B sites that sometimes small children are not welcome! We stayed in room #1 which was perfect for us, because it was a bit away from all the other rooms. It also had a 2 person spa tub! I would definitely return and request this room for our new little family again! Only complaint is that breakfast is a VERY basic buffet. Nothing exciting, which I usually expect from a B&B. But then again, the price was lower here so I guess you get what you pay for!

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with family