We just came from a weekend stay at Maison Fleurie. I'd highly recommend it. It's a couple steps above a "typical" B&B, more like a high-end resort, such as the Woodstock Inn in Vermont. I'd compare Maison Fleurie to the Beach Plum Inn on Martha's Vineyard (though more up-to-date). It's below the level of something like Bernardus or (the newly renovated) Quail Lodge in Carmel, CA, but almost as nice.
We stayed in Room #12 in the carriage house, I'd highly recommend it. The room was clean, painted a nice yellow shade, not too cutesy. Gilchrist & Soames products. Good size room w/ a small TV hidden in the armoire, somewhat unusual for a B & B. Absolutely no road noise whatsoever, it's on a quiet side street. I did hear our neighbor's alarm go off at 6:30 a.m. Sunday morning.
The afternoon snacks were good, cheese and crackers, veggies and dip, and two kinds of coffee cake, plus red and white wine. I thought the breakfast was good. Chocolate-chocolate chip muffins, which tasted freshly baked, as well as coffee cake, cereal, fruit salad, an eggs-and-veggies option, english muffins, bagels, etc plus toppings, juices, coffee, tea. I thought it was an ample spread. It's buffet-style.
Also, there's none of that annoying forced chit-chat with other guests that you have to do at other B & Bs.
We ate at Bouchon, which is a Thomas Keller restaurant. It's right around the corner; we've actually been many times. It was nice to be able to walk there. The trout w/green beans and almonds and the mache salad as an app. were great. I'd also recommend a tour/tasting at Schramsburg, the world-renowned sparkling wine makers. You have to make a reservation in advance, though.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Napa Valley's Maison Fleurie, the "flowering house," is situated on half an acre of beautifully landscaped gardens -- welcoming visitors to a Napa Valley inn reminiscent of southern France. Finely crafted furniture, rich fabrics, and a huge stone fireplace lend their ambiance to this historic main building, where a bountiful breakfast and afternoon wine and hors d'oeuvres are served Four Sisters Inn blends modern luxuries and services of a boutique hotel with the traditional amenities of a B & B. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA and Hotwire so you can book your Maison Fleurie - A Four Sisters Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Maison Fleurie - a Four Sisters Hotel Yountville
- Maison Fleurie - a 4 Sisters Inn
- Maison Fleurie Yountville
- Maison Fleurie - A Four Sisters Inn Yountville, Napa Valley, CA