All reviewscarriage housemain buildingwine and cheese hournapa valleyfrench countrysidewhite cheeseother guestsquichecookiesfrench stylebreakfast roomhot tubcharming b boatmealcrackersbouchon bakerytwo nights
Reviewed June 15, 2009

Overall, we had a nice stay at the Maison Fleurie. The inn itself is very quaint. We stayed in room #7 in the main house, which was a great room. It had a few sitting spots right by the windows where I liked to hang out. The room was large. The bathroom was small, but when I happened to get a peak at a few other bathrooms in the main house, we felt like ours was pretty luxurious.
The breakfast was so-so really. We stayed at the Bear Flag Inn in Calistoga on our last vacation to the Napa Valley,a nd teh breakfast there was out of this world. The innkeeper himself made everything fresh for us each morning. I was expecting a bit more quality when paying $800 for 3 nights. There was always hard boiled eggs, cereal, and fruit, and a basket of english muffins, or muffins or baked goods of some sort. And they added a hot egg or potato dish each morning. My husband and I are not big egg eaters, so every morning I ended up with an english muffin and fruit....which I can get almost anywyere.
The noise level was pretty rough. We had to sleep with the windows open to get some air circulating at night. It is nice that the inn is in the busier area of Yountville for convenience, right next to the restaurants and such, but it makes for heavy traffic, even late into the evening, and we heard lots of people walking outside. Also, they are building some sort of community center right across the street, and they start construction on that really early. My husband and I have learned from all of our travels though, and we always bring along ear plugs for sleeping. I know this is not the fault of the inn, and really, noise level from other patrons was minimal.
Now this being said, we really did have a nice overall stay. I liked being able to take the bikes. We went for a very nice ride through the vineyards one morning.
However, the next time I go back, I will probably go back to the Bear Flag. It's quiet, and Dennis is an awesome cook!

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 2, 2009

We were celebrating our 1 year anniversary and the Maison did it in style. We booked a room in the carriage house, with a private patio, great bathroom with soaking tub, etc. This was my first time in Napa Valley and will be back for more. We borrowed the bikes and rode from the B&B to the Oakville Country Store, bought local yummies and enjoyed a picnic out on the back patio with the birds. In the morning, we had breakfast delivered and that too was delicious. Overall, great experience with the staff, room, amenties and will be back.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 22, 2009

Our family stayed in three rooms, ranging from the largest to the smallest. All were well appointed and charming.The pool is small but charming. Breakfast (included with the room is very good. The Inn is surrounded by several excellent restaurants- no need to drive.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed May 11, 2009

Great place to stay in Yountville, room was on the small side but didn't spend much time in the room. Excellent resturants and shops in walking distance and beautiful deck to share a bottle of wine.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 8, 2009

We had a great time at Maison. My mother and sister were in room 1 on the first floor while my husband and myself were in room 7 on the third floor. No 'thin' walls as one reviewer said. Guests were quiet and considerate. We asked the guests on our floor if they heard our TV or any noise and they said "No. Also, no front desk or entry hall noise for mom and sis either -- and all rooms were full the Monday we were there.
When we arrived we were given a tour by a lovely young lady who showed us the outside buildings, pool and spa( not the season) and biycles we could use. Lots of parking in the lot, also.
Amenities were plentiful -- sodas in the fridge, cookies in the jar on the mantle, wine and snacks in the afternoon and sherry on the entry way table. There was a bountiful breakafast in the morning served in the charming breakfast room. Price was steep but a good value with all the food offered one could stay full all day!
We sat in the cozy entry hall in the evening and talked. Turndown service left chocolates, the next day weather forecast and welcome note. In the morning, the San Francisco Chronicle was outside the door. Hooray for a printed newspaper!
One drawback however. My mom thought the service was not quick enough when the second wave of "breakfast eaters" arrived in that charming breakfast room. Mom went to the front desk and right away two women came and replenished food and re-set tables in the breakfast area. There was plenty of coffee, hard boiled eggs, cereal, bread, muffins, quiche and casseroles offered. Lively and friendly conversation flowed. We liked that breakfast could be eaten anytime between 8 and 10 a.m. which gave guests flexibility.
One evening we walked through Yountville and had dinner at Bistro Jeanty-- delicious.... on our last day we purchased pastries and bread from Boucheon Bakery--- surperb!!! (We did plenty of other things besides eating--- really).
The staff was nice, helpful and friendly. My mom and I purchased two small Teddy bears as a memento of our stay. The four of us had a wonderful time and would recommend it to others.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled with family