All reviews carriage house main building wine and cheese hour napa valley french countryside white cheese other guests quiche cookies french style breakfast room hot tub charming b b oatmeal crackers bouchon bakery two nights
Reviewed February 15, 2009

My wife and I stayed at Maison fleurie for Valentines day. It was our second time staying there. We have stayed at other Four Sisters properties in California and are usually very satisfied with our visit. We stayed in one of the small but comfortable queen units on the second floor. We were not spending a tremendous amount of time in our room so its lack of extra space was fine. We have also stayed in the 3rd floor king room and enjoyed its spaciousness. The breakfast was wonderful and the hotel is located centrally to many great food places and wineries. We will return again. Also good is the other, but slightly more excpensive Yountville location Lavender.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank runpeat
Reviewed November 18, 2008

We expected our stay to be exceptional, especially after staying at the Three Sisters Inn in Sonoma. For the price, the room was tiny and service non-existant. We should have kept our original reservations in a hotel in downtown Napa

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 6, 2008

I booked two rooms directly with the inn. The facade and public rooms are nice. I told them my mother was on a cane but they put her on the third floor. My wife and I ended up in a room for one. The rooms are tiny. Service is poor. After checking in we requested some extra coat hangers. This was a major ordeal for Stephanie who finally produced four extra. The mirrors in the bathroom are hung so low that you see your chest instead of your face (I am 5'11"). We had to beg for air conditioning while on the third floor with temperatures in the high 90's. The mattresses are old and worn out. The "wine tasting" is from a carafe. When asked what we were tasting I was told that it was a mixture of what they had (Stephanie again). The "gourmet" breakfasts are runny quiche, fried potatoes, dry cereal and hard boiled eggs. We noticed that most people stayed only one or two nights. We stayed four. The only positive is location. We have stayed in many inns from Maine to California and this is by far the worst. Zero attention to detail.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank OleMissDr
Reviewed October 17, 2008

We were really looking forward to a stay in a charming B & B. This wasn't it. During our 2 day stay, the front desk staff seemed to always change. Some were just not friendly. Our room (#1, right off the lobby) looked great on the internet. We chose it because it had a pull out sofa bed. The sofa bed was not comfortable. And, with the sofa bed pulled out, the room was cramped. The "This Week In Wine Country" magazines in the lobby were from the month before. You could hear all of the lobby noise. The first morning we were there, there was a leak in the room above ours and water was pouring in through the ceiling. When we returned later that night, there were still towels all over the floor to catch drips. No one apologized for our experience, all we were told was "this place is falling apart." After that we took a long, hard look at the room. The carpet was dirty. The lace curtain was dingy, limp and shrunken out of shape. There were little brown spots on the bathroom walls around the sink and shower area. On the positive side though, the breakfasts were nice, quiche both mornings with homemade pumpkin bread and scones. The breakfast room was cozy and charming.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled with friends
2  Thank AuntieFlo
Reviewed October 13, 2008

The Maison fleurie offers a lot of value for your money. It has an outside deck on the first floor, a large pool, a jacuzzi, small but comfy rooms, breakfast and wine and snacks (cheese, crackers, vegatables) everyday at four. It furthermore is very strategically located for winetastings.

That being said, maison fleurie reminded me of my grandmothers house. You constantly hold your breath because you are scared to knock over ornaments, which the hotel is so packed with that you constantly have to squeeze to get past them. I would therefore mostly recommend this place to eldery people, women and romantic retreats.

• Stayed: August 2008