All reviewscarriage housemain buildingwine and cheese hournapa valleyfrench countrysidewhite cheeseother guestsquichecookiesfrench stylebreakfast roomhot tubcharming b boatmealcrackersbouchon bakerytwo nights
Reviewed January 27, 2013

We have stayed at other Four Sister Inns, but this was our first time at Maison Fleurie. We were not disappointed! We stayed during the week in January, taking advantage of two nights for the price of one. Although the regular prices are fair, this was a real deal! Our room was spacious, the bed heavenly, and we were definitely impressed by the quality of the evening treats! Even the wine wasn't bed...much better than sherry, which is often customary! Everyone at the inn was very friendly and Elaine was particularly helpful. We recommend the huge hot tub! A real treat! We look forward to returning.

Room Tip: We had the pleasure of looking at almost all the rooms on the morning we left...after others had checked out. We stayed in room 12...right by the pool. But, all the rooms on the 2nd and 3rd floor of the main house were darling and would work very well. There's a nice little outdoor area attached to the 2nd floor which would be wonderful in great weather. The 4 rooms in the "bakery building" were being remodeled and they look delightful--quite roomy with huge new bathrooms!
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 19, 2013

We spent two nights here, in the bakery building, in early December. Our room was spacious and had a gas fireplace, making it warm and cozy. This was our first overnight trip with our new baby, so we were a bit worried, but the Madison Fleurie was a great choice. The room was spacious and clean enough, although there seemed to be a lot of flies in the room when we checked in, which was strange. The front desk staff didn't seemed concerned, so my husband chased the flies, killing about six or seven. They didn't seem to come back. Because it's historic, there are a few quirks, like the bathroom was heated separately with a space heater (which we didn't figure out how to turn on until day two, so it was really cold the first night) and the fan was falling out of the ceiling. But overall, decently maintained and nicely decorated.

We enjoyed the location, as we were in town for a holiday party held at French Laundry. We were able to walk around quite a bit and still be close to home, which is great with the baby.

The main house was beautiful and we loved the breakfast room. Breakfast itself was delicious and filling, the cheesy potatoes were amazing!

For the price, I would have appreciated a spotless room (without flies), but we would probably stay there again.

Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed January 10, 2013

This was our second time at Maison Fleurie. The first was by accident and it was only for one night. This trip was a planned B-day weekend trip. We have stayed in the Carriage room and the Bakery room...both are great. This trip we enjoyed the wine & cheese greet. It's a perfect time to meet up with other guest before everyone heads out to their dinner locations. The breakfast is just perfect before you head out for the wineries. One side of the toaster was broken and the other side did break the next morning. I loved our room, but the fireplac did not work and only problem, I think gas leaked through the night. We woke up, but did feel groggy and we did not drink that much the day before...once we left the room and got fresh air...we felt fine. I did mention to the front desk and the gal tried to fix, but when we came back it wasn't so we just didn't even turn it on. We woke up fine the next day (after drinking more that night then the previous...so that's why I believe we were gassed.)..but even without that mishap, I love the place..the workers are So Friendly and the place is quiet...it could be the time of year we went.. I think every place in the area the cost is high, it's Napa Valley you have to expect that, but to us it's worth the $$$$..

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SFBayAreaFamily
Reviewed January 8, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for an overnight getaway. We took advantage of their "Carpe Diem" deal, if you call the day you want to stay you get an awesome discount! But it's a risk! The Inn itself is beautiful and the room was charming. We really enjoyed the evening happy hour and the breakfast was amazing!

Room Tip: The carriage house off the pool was especially quiet since it was the winter season.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ANHarper
Reviewed December 15, 2012

I originally looked at this B&B online and found its $250+ per night much more than I wanted to spend. However, when I visited the Welcome Center in Napa (proper) for some more information on the area I got a break on price that made this very affordable. It could have been chance luck but if you have your heart set on this place see if the Welcome Center can help you negotiate a price.

Little things that made the stay memorable:
The wine & cheese/spread at 5pm
Menu book of all the restaurants in Yountville & the rest of the valley
Plenty of room to park and move around
The decor is very warm, homey. The fireplace in the main house is a great sitting area where you can meet the other guests

Room Observations:
The bedroom size is a big snug, but to be expected for a building over 100 years old.
The bathroom in room #12 is impressive - tastefully updated with whirlpool tub and plenty of room for two people to move about.
The fireplace makes a little creak / snap / pop noise for a few seconds before it turns on. Probably nothing but since I don't live with a fireplace it scared me the first time I went to switch it on.
Pleasant view - the bedroom window overlooks the pool. The private entrance is worth having if you want to get away from the noise. - In summer though, with people using the pool, I can see this being a little less private.

Overall - 5 stars. I have no complaints regarding this hotel or staff and I would recommend it without reservation.

Beware though: The area of Yountville dies around 8pm. Not a lot of activity in December.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple