“Pleasant hidden surprise”

Ranked #5 of 103 Restaurants in Yorba Linda
Cuisines: Thai
“Pleasant hidden surprise”
Reviewed July 31, 2013 via mobile

Sometimes great food and service is hidden in a local strip mall. Such is the case with Supatra's Thai Bistro. A full menu, excellent food and very attentive service staff await you. Definitely will return on future visits to this area!

• Visited August 2012

Huntington Beach, California
“Great Thai food-large portions-great Atmosphere”
Reviewed July 14, 2013

I live right near this restaurant and have seen it many times (although partially hidden in the corner of an Albertsons strip center. Decided to try it. It was a Sat night about 7pm. Walked in and it was fairly busy. The place is very clean and nicely decorated. They had a gentleman playing an organ and singing softly in the background. We were seated as soon as we walked in. The waitress was VERY attentive to us (almost too attentive) and took our appetizer order for vegetarian won ton. That alone actually filled both of us up. They were very good. I ordered the beef Pad Thai and my date ordered the Avocado Salad. Both were generous portions. We took the left overs home and had them for lunch the next day. Felt as if we were having 2 full meals again. The price isn't bad for what I feel was quality food. My date had a glass of wine with dinner and for the appetizer, wine and 2 dinners it was only $40.00. We definitely will be going back.

• Visited July 2013
Yorba Linda, California
“Great thai”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

The Restaurant is in a strip mall in Yorba Linda. It is moderately priced, healthy, and has an upscale feel. There is live music on Friday and Saturday nights.

Visited March 2013
California
“I may like Thai food after all”
Reviewed March 3, 2013

We had been introduced to our first tom kah gai soup few weeks earlier in UT. Immediate love. I want to try every one I can. I am craving it. Typically I am not a thai food lover as I had only had a few dishes that were very spicy.
In order to satisfy my craving we decided to try Supatra's. I was wary due to some reviews but went with an open mind.

Let me say I was pleasantly surprised. The help (all of them) bent over backwards to make us happy. I was watching to see how they acted. The place was full of happy customers.

We loved the soup (I told them of my quest and they asked which was better). It was not quite the same but still wonderful. We ordered rice to go with it.
Because we were having fun, we ordered way too much for a meal of stuff we had never had and enjoyed it the next day. The spring rolls were ok, not great, not bad. Pad See-ew (because a reviewer mentioned it) was good, but we didn't know if it was right or wrong. Chicken Thai Basil not as good as I had in Carmel, but still very good.
We enjoyed ourselves very much and will go back.
If not just for the soup!

• Visited February 2013
Temecula, California
“"AWARD WINNING BRANZINO"”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

SURPRISE....NO FRANCHISE!!! Excellent model for a successful family owned restaurant~

With countless visits I always wonder if I will encounter the one dish that I am not so fond of...have not come across "one" disappointing dish thus far. Quite the contrary. Our family continues to CRAVE Supatra's as it exceeds MOST Thai restaurants that we have experienced.
Too include S.F.'s top rated Thai restaurants. The food here is consistent, the ambiance is relaxing, not to mention the entire staff is super accommodating & friendly.

The standout for us hands down without a doubt is the "Branzino"... the fish is cooked to perfection, the sauce is so tasty, its truly addictive...this dish has a perfect flavor profile as their sauce is right on point! Executed without a flaw!~

Their interior decor color palette was choosen very wisely, someone had a great eye :) the accessories tie in perfectly.

Soild 5 star's all the way around!

• Visited December 2012