“World Class and my new favorite restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of The Wild Artichoke

The Wild Artichoke
Ranked #3 of 103 Restaurants in Yorba Linda
Cuisines: American, International, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
So Cal
“World Class and my new favorite restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2012

I have had the great fortune to have eaten at some of the finest restaurants around the world. Who would have thought that I have now found my favorite restaurant in the world, right in my own backyard, in Yorba Linda, California.

About three weeks ago four of us went for the first time, for all of us. The food and service was FANTASTIC. Then on New Year’s Eve two of us decided to return for the New Year’s Eve Prix Fixe menu.

Again, this place impresses. The service is extraordinary and the food outstanding. While this restaurant is small, it actually adds to the intimate feeling of this place. I do not know of another place in Orange County, or even Southern California that can rival the service, food and intimacy of the Wild Artichoke.

I can’t believe that I haven’t visited this place many years before.

This is a world class restaurant hidden in a small strip mall in a predominantly residential area. This is a most go-to restaurant if you are in Orange County, but I recommend getting your reservations in early.

• Visited December 2011
4 Thank SoCal_Worldtraveller

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best dining in Orange County”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 20, 2011

We have dined her many times over the years and it has always been fabulous! The signature dip that is served with the bread is great. We like the Chicken Milan, the Filet or Hanger steak. I always ask the servers what looks good that day. They always have an enthusiastic recommendation and I have never been disappointed. The owner/chef James is really a character. He usually comes out of the kitchen at some point to greet his guests and ask about our dining experience. We have never been disappointed. Make sure you call a few days in advance for reservations as they are usually quite busy. Well worth the price!!!! We consider this to be our hidden treasure in Yorba Linda!

• Visited December 2011
1 Thank Dkohl
Yorba Linda, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Quiet Restaurant with Great Food!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2011

This place is great for dates or just a nice night out. I've even had family dinners there. They take reservations if your party is big enough. It's really small, but it creates a great atmosphere. The chef is great and offers a lot of tastey dishes, that is if you don't fill up on their Amazing artichoke dip and bread before hand!!! Definitely recommend it!!!

• Visited September 2010
1 Thank Homerunhund
Pasadena, CA
“A hidden treasure”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2011

Every three months some foodie friends and I take each other to places we have found that we feel are exceptional. Our Orange County member took us to Wild Artichoke. It's in an unassuming shopping center. Small. We got different things but all were very enthused. If you go, try the appetizer Artichoke Beignets. I had the stuffed pork chop and it was great. The service was very good. They had a large party coming in late and we were asked to leave but they credited our bill $20 for an inconvenience! (We had been there over 2 hours) If any criticism their menu had too many offerings with creamy sauce.

• Visited July 2011
1 Thank okbeth
Brooklyn, New York
“Pleasant Dining Experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2010

The restaurant is very small, in a strip mall, but it is definite white tablecloth atmosphere, upscale New American cuisine, many with artichokes in the dish. The complimentary artichoke spread for the bread was outstanding. The appetizers were so-so. The meal was very good, but was not wowed. Came to about $45 pp without wine or dessert. This is a nice going-out restaurant if you live in Anaheim Hills or Yorba Linda, but would not go out of way for the cuisine.

3 Thank drichrx