“Fun with Llamas in Southern California? Yes!”
Review of ShangriLlama - MOVED

ShangriLlama
More attraction details
Owner description: Learn about llamas from head to toe at ShangriLlama! Our guides will accompany you on a three-hour Llama Walk along a country trail as you take turns walking each member of the pack: Barack O'Llama, Pajama Llama, Dalai Llama, Como T. Llama and Drama Llama. Halfway through the walk, you'll stop for Llama Lessons at a lovely park. Smiles and laughs are guaranteed. Minimum age is 12.
Los Angeles, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Fun with Llamas in Southern California? Yes!”
Reviewed March 28, 2013

I was looking to surprise my mom - she loves llamas, and I figured there had to be a place in SoCal that had them. Looking online, I cam across ShangriLlama and felt like I hit the Jackpot! Talking a bunch of llamas on a walk?! Perfect. I booked the day, and drove out with my mom and dad. My dad was in on it, but my mom had no idea. You should have seen the expression on her face! She was so excited!

So the way it works: There's like 6 or 7 llamas (I don't remember how many), and you get the opportunity to walk each of them during the walk. Each llama has a different personality, and you get to learn a lot about them.

The owner, Mama Llama, is a sweet lady who's very passionate about what she does. She was very helpful and made it a fun experience.

We all loved being hands on with such a cool animal! It was a great time, and well worth the money. It was an experience we'll never forget.

-Scott

Visited December 2012
2 Thank ScottUSCSocal

New York City, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Llamas!”
Reviewed March 26, 2013

As llama enthusiasts, my friends and I were very excited to find out about ShangriLlama. We contacted Mama Llama and she was extremely accommodating when scheduling a date/time for our walk. The llamas are all very friendly and each one has a unique personality. The walk is around 3 hours - perfect amount of time to get acquainted with each llama. Wonderful way to spend an afternoon in Yorba Linda, especially for fans and friends of llamas!

Visited October 2012
1 Thank Julie E
Vancouver, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“ShangriLlama Walk!”
Reviewed March 26, 2013

I'm a big fan of llama's.. goes back to when I was 4 and posing with the llama at the local zoo. It's a little bit nutty, but I love them like no other animal.

I go to Southern California every year, but never really thought that anything like this existed, so before I went I googled llama farm and up came the ShangriLlama's! I booked my time and was good to go.

It was an amazing experience. Llama's are very gentle and curious creatures, so walking them was a bit of a mystery, but it was great. Not only did you get to stop at some cool spots with the llama's, you were with a whole bunch of other people who loved llama's too.

Mama Llama and her family are very kind people. I recommend this walk to anyone who wants a bit of exercise, fun & a little bit of the unknown! I am looking forward to my next llama walk int he coming years :)

Visited August 2012
Yorba Linda
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Wonderful Time”
Reviewed March 26, 2013

This is a wonderful treat! My husband and I did the Llama Walk as a birthday present for me. I am not athletic at all, you don't need to be. There were 2 other couples walking with us. The llamas were so much fun! Their names alone are enough to bring a smile to your face. It was awesome seeing the faces of other people as we passed them walking or in their cars! Not only was it fun, it was educational. We stopped at a park and children came up to see the llamas and feed them. We had a little lesson about llamas. I enjoyed the whole experience so much, I bought copies of Mama Llama's book to share with my friends. I highly recommend the llama walk!

Visited September 2012
1 Thank Joy S
Yorba Linda
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“UnbeLlamable Fun!”
Reviewed March 22, 2013

I have gone on the llama walks twice in the past year and have had a blast! Sharon (Mama Llama) is passionate about her llamas and always encourages questions. The walks are great exercise for both humans and llamas, and they bring one in touch with nature. I highly recommend ShangriLlama for those who love animals and to partake in an usual yet fun activity for the entire family!

Visited January 2013