“Best Value for the Area”

Extended Stay America - Orange County - Yorba Linda
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Yorba Linda
Reviewed December 12, 2012

This hotel is ALMOST perfect. It doesn't have a pool, if that's a deal-killer to you. Also, during my stay, they had just started to experiment with offering a continental breakfast and the pre-packaged muffins, coffee, and juice were certainly not as good as other hotel offerings. However, the rooms and beds were comfortable, quiet, the staff very helpful (despite changing my reservation three times), the surrounding area safe with many restaurant and shopping choices. Mostly, though, the price was so much better than the surrounding hotels that you can walk up the street (or drive) to your nearest Denny's and have a grand slam breakfast with your savings. I will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Additional discounts for AAA members!
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank RockyMtnReviewer
Michael D, Manager at Extended Stay America - Orange County - Yorba Linda, responded to this reviewResponded December 14, 2012

Thank you for taking your time to publish such a positive review of your stay. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Our staff is continually coached on how to best provide professional, accommodating, and friendly service to every guest. It sounds like we hit a home run in your case! It would, of course, be our pleasure for you to repeat your experience with us in the future. Thank you once again, and feel free to reach out to us directly if we can assist you in any of your future travels.

Reviewed December 2, 2012

As an extended stay hotel, I assumed they would supply bathroom products like shampoo...not only no shampoo but no hair dryer either. I had to go to the front desk & request these items. A friend stayed in another room & had the same problem. The room was clean but other than that, I can't say anything positive about my stay. There is another hotel just up the street...stay there & avoid this hotel.

Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
Michael D, Manager at Extended Stay America - Orange County - Yorba Linda, responded to this reviewResponded December 4, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I sincerely apologize that we failed to let you know that we have those items at the desk if needed. I am training the front desk staff to ensure that our guests are well informed to make sure this does not happen again in the future. I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. I hope that you will contact me directly, at lyl@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss this further. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.

Reviewed October 15, 2012

Stayed here this past weekend with a friend, and boy were we disappointed!! Everything looked very nice from the outside, lobby looks great, but that was where it ended. There was only one guy helping guests with their needs in the lobby, took far too long to check in. We were told our room STILL wasn't ready even though it was 45 minutes past 3, which was our designated check in time.
No where on the site we booked from said anything about pets being allowed, and on top of that, the entire hotel ABSOLUTELY REEKS of stale cigarettes (when it stated on the website the hotel is non-smoking!!!) It is absolutely the most disgusting thing I've ever encountered. Days later and the smell is still burned into my nose.
On the plus side the staff was generally quite friendly and the maid service spoke great English and were very pleasant.
Beds were fairly firm, but obviously for the price I didn't expect anything luxury.
Overall very disappointed with this hotel and would not advise anyone to stay here.

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank Kayasc
Michael D, Manager at Extended Stay America - Orange County - Yorba Linda, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2012

"I recently received a copy of your review of the Extended Stay America Orange County - Yorba Linda. Our company prides itself on excellent guest service, so it was gratifying to read your feedback about our staff. I would like to give you my most heartfelt apology regarding the part of your stay that was not satisfactory. As this hotel’s manager, I challenge our staff to continually improve the experience of our guests, from the cleanliness of our rooms, to the courteous professionalism of our staff. Unfortunately, in your situation, it is clear that we completely unsuccessful in several aspects of your stay. Given our belief that guests like you are our most valuable asset, this failure is particularly troubling. Your review has caused us to take a serious look at the systems we have in place to handle our day to day operations and we will be making modifications as appropriate. It's not common that we get the sort of feedback you provided, and although it is discouraging to read, it will help us make our hotel even better in the future. Let me apologize again for taking so long to check you in and also the freshness of the hotel throughout your stay. I will assure you that we will continue to listen to our guests in forums like this one. I hope we have addressed your concern satisfactorily, and that you would give us the pleasure of having you as a guest again at this hotel or any other Extended Stay Hotels brand location in the future."

Reviewed September 18, 2012

I needed a place to say with my family (four total) in Yorba Linda, CA, and came across this place. While the location was just right, our stay ended up not being worth it. This might be a good option for people who want to stay for longer periods of time, as the hotel name indicates. But for one night, not so much. We were awoken in the middle of the night by our next door neighbor's large dog, barking for some reason, followed by their calling of the dog to be quiet. This was followed by what sounded like a very large person in the room directly above us, who walked on the floor so loudly, I felt as though he might just come through it. Lastly, the front desk staff left a little to be desired. All in all not physically a bad place, but I'd never go back. Stay in a place more suited for the travel you need....a lesson that I learned.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Orange County - Yorba Linda, responded to this reviewResponded September 21, 2012

Jeff - We appreciate you taking the time to post a review about your stay at our hotel. I apologize that you were awoken by noise disturbances and that my staff was not receptive to you as a guest during your time with us. It is disheartening to hear that because of these things your stay was not 100% satisfactory.

Please know that while we are known for supporting guests who stay for longer periods of time within the hotel, we are also a perfect choice for those who only need a place to stay short-term. With this in mind, it would be our pleasure to have you stay with us again so we can show you our redoubled efforts.

Reviewed August 28, 2012

This was a pretty nice place and a great value. We visited the Nixon Library and this was close to the facility. Also, lots of food choices in the area which are in walking distance. Also, easy access to all those crowded freeways. Close to a shopping center too.
We would definitely return to ESA for our next visit to Orange County.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Orange County - Yorba Linda, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2012

It was very kind of you to take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at our hotel. Our company motto is "Excellence Every Day, Every Way", and my promise to you is that we will continue to operate according to this practice.

Reviewed July 15, 2012

First of all, the front desk person, Benny, helped me with some issues over the phone before I even checked-in. He then did everything he could to make my stay pleasant. Benny is great and an asset to Extended Stay America.

The rooms were nice but not quite as updated as some of the other Extended Stays. My stay was very pleasant and the room was very clean. The kitchen was property stocked with pots/pans/utinsils/flatware/coffee. There is also complimentary coffee in the morning from 7a until 9:30a.

I would recommend this motel to anyone traveling to or through the Yorba Linda, CA area.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Orange County - Yorba Linda, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2012

I recently received a copy of your review of the Extended Stay America - Orange County - Yorba Linda. Our company prides itself on excellent guest service, so it was gratifying to read your feedback about our staff. We would like to thank you for your business and hope you stay with us again in your future travels.

Reviewed June 26, 2012

We booked this last minute to be close to the Nixon library. The check in was efficient and location close to the 91 fwy. I was a little unnerved that the back door kept getting proped open even after I closed it....just a security concern. Room was clean and kitchen was nice although it was set up for 2 guests while our room had 2 double beds. Didn't use the cooking facilities so didn't bother asking for extra set-ups. Breakfast was "grab and go" including muffins, oatmeal, coffee, juice and bananas. Lots of parking...would accommodate trailers or RVs.

Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Orange County - Yorba Linda, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Extended Stay America Orange County - Yorba Linda. We are committed to providing every guest with outstanding accommodations, so I was pleased to read your remarks about your room. Of course, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory. For that I am truly sorry.
The experience you described is truly regrettable. We strive to ensure that our guests have an exceptional stay. We can assure you that I have brought the issue you expressed to the attention of our staff.
Although it is unusual for a guest to have the experience you did while staying with us, we would like to use your account to help us make our hotel even better. Again, I am deeply sorry that you did not have a completely enjoyable stay at our hotel, and I promise that we are focused on total guest satisfaction every day. I do hope that you will let me demonstrate our redoubled efforts in the future here or at any of Extended Stay Hotels(sm)' other locations throughout the U.S. and in Canada. Best regards, Michael Daddona Regional Director of Operations

Also consider these accommodations in or near Yorba Linda
#110 of 118 in Anaheim
Extended Stay America - Orange County - Brea
Chase Suite Hotel Brea
Quality Inn Placentia - Anaheim

Been to Extended Stay America - Orange County - Yorba Linda? Share your experiences!