“Excellent value”

Ayres Suites Yorba Linda
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Yorba Linda
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed July 21, 2009

We stayed at the Ayres Yorba Linda on the advice of a local resident when we were in Yorba Linda for a family wedding from July 10 - 12, 2009.

We were greeted and efficiently checked in by a very pleasant young lady, and our room was ready even though we were there just after noon.

The room (411) was large, very clean and looks like the pictures on their web site. It had a desk, dresser, full size leather couch and a bar area with a mini fridge, microwave, coffee maker and a sink. The king size bed was very comfortable and had feather pillows. Oddly, they do not have pay per view movies.

There is an included breakfast that consisted of two types of eggs, hash browns, assorted pasteries, breads, cereals, juices, two make your own waffle stations as well as other items. It far exceeded our expectations.

There are restaurants on either side of the hotel (Olive Garden and a Mexican restaurant that was very good and inexpensive). In addition there is a Friday's about a block away. and a Denny/s, McD's and others very near by.

Our room rate was $86/night and was an excellent value for the size of the room, amenities and breakfast..

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple

Reviewed June 25, 2009

Check-in was smooth; we were given a room with a canyon view at the back of the hotel and it was very quiet. We had a problem with very noisy guestsone morning, but after mentioning it to the desk staff it didn't happen again. The bed was extremely comfortable and the room was spacious and nicely decorated. It felt like a much more expensive hotel. The housekeeping staff kept our room spotless during our stay and they respected the "do not disturb" as well as being immediately responsive to "service please." The manager's reception was a nice unexpected touch and the breakfast was very good.

Stayed: June 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed December 10, 2008

I found the Hotel charming although it's near a Major Hwy I asked for a room in the back the canyon view was great and quiet. The first room I got had a bad ordor from the carpets or BO from the workers, so I asked to be changed to another room and it was not as bad as the first room and they did spray it down which helped. The room was fine, Hot tub in the rooms are great when you had a long day. Make sure you get some soaking salts for your legs and feet. Don't use bubble bath cause you will be overflowing in bubbles and the currants in the tubs are very strong. Breakfast every morning was the best I had in years! Fresh pancakes, waffles, omletts, etc. Coffee was good too. I stayed there for 4 nights and Yorba Linda can get a bit boring at night after the 2nd night. I was visiting family so it was okay.

Stayed: November 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed August 25, 2008

The Ayres Suites in Yorba Linda provided a very quiet, peaceful retreat for us. We were very impressed with the entire hotel, from the attractive decor in the lobby to the cleanliness of the entire pool area. We reserved a junior king suite, with the canyon view. It had a microwave, refrigerator, and coffee pot in it. We were anticipating a flat screen TV as some of the other properties had listed it, but the Yorba Linda property is still in the process of renovating and up grading their rooms. The room had a large bath, but unfortunately, the Jacuzzi tub was too short, wide enough, but not long enough for one to stretch out. The canyon view was pretty funny! If you could overlook the commercial properties located between the hotel and the canyon, the view was incredible, but to awake everyday to see Costco was a bit more than I had anticipated. We did have a great time watching the Santa Fe freight trains go by. They were a good distance away, so one could not hear them, just watch them going east to west and west to east. The pool area was well stocked with towels and very, very well maintained. There was only one umbrella up, but I am sure, had we requested it, another would have been put up. The pool area was unoccupied for the majority of our 3-day stay, leaving us to enjoy the entire area alone! They have a wonderful, full, breakfast every morning. We found it to be lacking nothing! There were also fresh baked chocolate chip cookies available, but they went quickly, as guests could smell the aroma throughout the lobby area. They also had a small Happy Hour. Each evening we found something different to munch on and there was always beer, wine and lemonade available. We found only one drawback at the hotel. The Internet connection that we had worked intermittently and when it did, it was very slow. We were not there on business, so were not dismayed with the slowness of the connection, but business people may find it to be a major source of frustration. All in all, the Ayres in Yorba Linda provided us with the quiet and peacefulness that we were both in need of.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed July 22, 2008

Booked this hotel through hotwire for $69 a night for a two night stay. Hotel is right off of the 91 freeway and located in a shopping center area with plenty of stores and restaurants close by. Check in was quick and easy, the room was huge with a king size bed, leather sofa, and wet bar area. The bed was extremely comfortable with plenty of soft pillows and sheets. The t.v. worked well and had plenty of channels to include three HBO's. The bathroom was spacious with a jacuzzi tub. The pool was adequate for this type of property. The AC unit worked well and wasn't overly loud. The daily breakfast is acceptable with offering of scrambled eggs, waffles, fresh fruit, etc; The room and hallway was clean, the elevator worked efficiently. All in all it was a very pleasant stay and if in the area again I would definitely stay at this property.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed May 25, 2008

It is very distressing to write this review. I loved the room when my daughter and I stayed at the Yorba Linda location, unfortunately, a situation occurred that makes me not able to trust its staff and therefore I can not ever have anything good to say about the hotel chain.

I realize that when someone leaves something behind in a room, it is the person's fault. What is distressing is that they would have a theif on their staff. I saw my daughter's necklace on the back of the toilet. I was going to remind her to get it, but we were in a hurry for a competition that she was competing in and completely forgot it. The necklace consisted of a silver chain and crown. She received it as a gift when she won a pageant in our home town. It isn't expensive, but it had alot of sentimental value.

It is appalling to think that someone could actually take the necklace for themself or as a gift for someone else. I can't imagine patronizing someplace that employs those without conscience.

I know that eventually, the person who took the necklace will get greedy and get caught. I just hope that it happens sooner rather than later. I will never be able to speak well of Ayres hotel chain, and that is terrible because I truely thought it was an incredible place.

• Stayed: May 2008
5  Thank DrumMajorMom
Reviewed March 17, 2008

Even if I hadn't gone through Priceline ($50), I still would come back to this Hotel. Husband and I had tixs for a concert in Cerritos and stayed at the Ayres property. EVERYTHING was wonderful. From the Front Desk crew to the cleanliness of the public areas, to the wonderful suite with a DEEP ROMAN JACUZZI TUB in the bathroom. Took 20 minutes to fill the bathtub with water -- it was that deep. Bed was so comfortable, and a nice addition was the leather sofa, coffee table, and the built-in microwave and frig. How anyone could blast this hotel as not being a terrific property is beyond me. Reading most of the reviews, I felt the disgruntled guests must have been talking about another property. We didn't bother with the Manager's Reception or breakfast (wanted to sleep late that morning) but we were both thrilled with the Hotel accomodations. Will stay there again -- with or without Priceline prices. It was a thoroughly relaxing weekend for us, and the major reason was because of this Hotel.

Stayed: March 2008
Embassy Suites by Hilton Anaheim North
The Hotel Fullerton
The Hotel Fullerton
#1 of 11 in Fullerton

Been to Ayres Suites Yorba Linda? Share your experiences!