“Awesome...but”

Ayres Suites Yorba Linda
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Yorba Linda
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed December 19, 2012

I loved the hotel. clean room, great price, great people. My only knock and the only reason it didn't give it 5 stars was because the shampoo is horrible. I normally use suave, which is the cheapest you can buy. My hair felt greasy by noon with this shampoo. Easy fix, and you should do it soon.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed December 9, 2012

Have stayed at the Yorba Linda property several times and each time it has been just great. The staff is friendly, room is clean and the breakfast is just awesome. Suzanne at the front desk is just terrific, friendly, warm and welcoming. The location is great, right of the 91 and very convenient to most of the OC and South Bay as well as restaurants and stores.. Wouldn't recommend if you need to be downtown or Hollywood-ish as the traffic up there can be a real bear. Only negative comment is that, while free, the internet service is a bit pokey and could use some attention.

Room Tip: Select a room on a higher room that is canyon facing. Much quieter and the view is better then the f...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
AyresHotels, General Manager at Ayres Suites Yorba Linda, responded to this reviewResponded December 21, 2012

Dear AndrewVo11 -

Thank you so much for making our hotel your choice in the Yorba Linda area. We are always thrilled to hear a guest has had an exceptional stay and love having the opportunity to welcome repeat guests! How wonderful to know you find your visits so consistently comfortable and the service impeccable. We greatly appreciate your review and look forward to your next visit.

Warm regards,

Reviewed December 7, 2012

We have stayed here on numerous occasions, whether it was business or personal purposes. I have to say if your looking for a local hotel to just have a getaway for a night or weekend, this is the place. The beds are heavenly, plus they offer a reception hour during the week with wine, beer and cookies. Plus every guest receives a great full breakfast daily, which is such a bonus. The staff is very pleasant and welcoming, just an overall great hotel!

Room Tip: Upper rooms are best!
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear mmtillis -

Thank you so much for your kind words and for your continued patronage. We are always thrilled to welcome you, be it for business or pleasure. I am thrilled you find the beds so comfortable and the staff welcoming. We are always grateful for a guest recommendation and hope to welcome you again very soon.

Reviewed November 30, 2012

Beautiful from the outside but beware, our room had the stench of musty mold and the jaccuzi tub actually shot out black mold into the water when we attempted to use it. Worst of all the hotel staff's response was "there is noting we can do about that"

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank CREBusinessTraveler
AyresHotels, General Manager at Ayres Suites Yorba Linda, responded to this reviewResponded December 7, 2012

Dear CREBusinessTraveler -

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. I am so sorry that your stay with us was anything less than exceptional. We are diligent in making sure our guests experience the cleanest rooms possible and had hoped that our offer to switch guestrooms would resolve the issue, although we can appreciate that some guests might find this disruptive. As the move was declined, we had also hoped that the air purifier utilized during your visit would also assist in dissipating any odor. I apologize if the smell you describe caused any inconvenience and that we were not able to find a suitable solution during your stay. As to the mold described, I am very alarmed by this and was previously unaware of any issue. Please know I am having the maintenance team look into this immediately as this is completely unacceptable. Hopefully these issues have not soured you on our hotel and you will consider us the next time you are in the area.

Reviewed November 15, 2012

I was happy with the location of the hotel and the style. The lobby is warm and welcoming with a fireplace and a nice area to sit and mingle. They do have a "happy hour" but I never got there in time.
I had never heard of Yorba so I was a bit concerned with how much would be in the area but they are right next to an Olvier Garden and an El Torita. Also the rooms have microwaves and fridges for your leftovers.
The rooms are large and spacious. The downside is the bathroom. The sink is outside the bathroom and the shower is in a jacuzzi. It makes it difficult to get in and out of easily. I'm not really sure that many people would use a hotel jacuzzi so I'm not sure why they have it. The towels are great. Big and soft.
They don't have room service but they offer a huge breakfast buffet for free.
I would stay there again.
Free internet and parking.

Room Tip: There are only 4 floors so for noise I always choose the top floor and the end away from the elevato...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business

Dear piggieConnecticut -

We appreciate your candid review of our hotel. While I am pleased the location and decor proved agreeable, I do apologize if the bathroom was not to your liking. Many of our guests greatly appreciate having the sink outside of the bathroom/shower area as it allows one person to shower while the other gets ready in the sink area. The Jacuzzi tubs are also generally well received by our guests and utilized often. We understand that every guest is different, though, and I am sorry if this element of the guestroom caused you any inconvenience. Hopefully you will still visit us again in the future.

Regards,

Reviewed October 25, 2012

We recently stayed at Ayers Suites in Yorba Linda. It is our choice whenever we are in this area.
I was delighted to find that they have free WiFi. I had trouble logging in so I went down to the front desk for help. Without making me feel foolish, the front desk person not only told me how to do it but also did it for me. I really appreciated that. It is not difficult by any means.

They offer great homemade cookies during the week. I wish they would extend that to weekend visitors like they do with fresh apples.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
AyresHotels, General Manager at Ayres Suites Yorba Linda, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2012

Dear BrooklynDodgers13 -

Thank you so much for your review and for making us your choice of hotel in the area. It truly means a great deal to us that we are able to make the kind of impression that brings a guest back for repeat stays. I am very pleased you found the service so helpful and accommodating as this is exactly what we strive to provide our guests. Thank you again for your kind recommendation. We look forward to your next visit to the area.

Reviewed October 22, 2012

We stayed one Saturday as we were attending a wedding in Yorba Linda. I called to make my reservation and received the special rate even though it was less than 2 weeks prior to the date. The nite before our arrival, I e-mailed a request for pretty specific directions. Jessica, at the front desk, responded quickly and with easy to follow directions. We arrived early and our room was ready. It was spacious, on the end, windows on 2 sides with all the extras needed, if only we had needed them and were staying longer! Had a good breakfast the next day from very friendly servers, with a good variety of food to choose from. Even though the freeway was close by, we never heard traffic. The wedding was terrific, too!

Room Tip: When coming from LA on the 57, use the 71 to enter Yorba Linda from the East, cuts back on lots of 9...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
AyresHotels, General Manager at Ayres Suites Yorba Linda, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2012

Dear Valerie -

It was an absolute pleasure welcoming you as our guest. Thank you for staying with us even for only a short visit and for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor. How wonderful to know you received such a great rate and that the service provided proved helpful. Perhaps we will have the opportunity to host you again for a future event.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Yorba Linda
Embassy Suites by Hilton Anaheim North
The Hotel Fullerton
The Hotel Fullerton
#1 of 11 in Fullerton

Been to Ayres Suites Yorba Linda? Share your experiences!