Open today: 9:30 AM - 12:30 PM, 1:00 PM - 4:00 PM
Review Highlights
Great Experience

Through Aussea I fulfilled my dream of learning to sail. A gift I’ll always be thankful for. Marc... read more

Reviewed January 24, 2019
Daniel_Stapleton
Melbourne, Australia
via mobile
“Living the dream starts here”

Me, my boyfriend and my best friend completed the five levels up to the International Bareboat... read more

Reviewed January 20, 2019
Jadina16
Sydney, Australia

See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed October 14, 2015

Very informative and great support! I have a lot of fun every time I sail with Marc. If you're thinking of starting sailing, do it here!!!

Date of experience: October 2015
1  Thank Harriet28Wales
Marc v, Owner at AusSea Sailing School, responded to this reviewResponded October 26, 2015

So good to hear and see that you're enjoying yourself. Racing next!

Reviewed August 19, 2015

Marc at Aussea training is a relaxed, patient, informative and very humorous trainer. I recommend Aussea training for value for money and Marc well informed in what path you want to take, whether it is cruising or crewing on race boats and his aim is to get you there with the least stress and bad experiences possible. His aim is to make sailing a relaxing hobby instead of a nightmare and his patience is a virtue!!! Thoroughly enjoying my experience having never had anything to do with boating before. I thoroughly recommend Aussea Sailing School to start your yachting dream.

Maria L.

1  Thank Maria L
Reviewed August 12, 2015

The courses have exceeded my expectations in the following ways
I thought that there would be much time spent "on land" with explanations of sailing theory and clips of relevant examples. Instead from day one, session one, the course is hands on and completely practical.
I expected that "Marc" the instructor would be helpfully critical but certainly concentrating on mistakes. Instead he went out of his way to explain the likely mistakes before hand, demonstrated in a one on one situation and was far more congratulatory about minor successes and able to laugh off clumsiness and misunderstanding.
The limited number of participants in each session ensured that each was given maximum attention.
The running commentary which repeated a number of simple rules reinforced the learning as each took a turn and allowed the others to think a bout what was happening and to learn from others as they either succeeded or had to have another attempt.
Above all, there was a sense of confidence in Marc's complete command of the situation and real respect for the people he was dealing with.
I am totally pleased that I was redirected to this sailing school after contacting another and explaining my age and experience.

Date of experience: July 2015
1  Thank 356ken
Reviewed August 11, 2015

Patient, friendly and hands-on instructor. The small number of students at any one time is great as you can really get stuck into every aspect of the boat.

1  Thank Nick F
Reviewed August 10, 2015

I am a trainer/educator with over 30 years experience in the tertiary sector and as such feel very qualified to comment on the standard of training offered by Marc at Aussea Sailing School. I was most impressed with his sailing knowledge and skills, and even more impressed with Marc's ability to convey his knowledge to the trainees. Good demonstrations, clear explanations, constructive feedback and patience were features of Marc's instructing. If you want to learn to sail and enjoy the experience then I can recommend you give this place a go..

1  Thank Ken B