“Food was only mediocre...”
Review of Woodside Bakery & Cafe - CLOSED

Woodside Bakery & Cafe
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Canada Road
Transit: The Town of Woodside does not have public transportation available outside of taxi cab service.
Redwood City, California
“Food was only mediocre...”
Reviewed April 14, 2012

Looked for somewhere new after the Giants game and was disappointed at the quality of the food. The halibut looked good but was dry and a bit overcooked. The ribeye was okay. The side order or Risotto was also only okay and a bit stringy. The mini vegetables were good. The bottle of wine we chose was nice and at a reasonable price. Looked at the deserts in the bakery, a great assortment that looked wonderful, but wasn't in the mood for any. Manuel our service was very attentive and did a fine job. The seating is a bit close with other couples, so don't expect to have quiet personal conversations. I will look for other options next time.

• Visited April 2012

San Jose, California
“Great food, casual atmosphere”
Reviewed October 17, 2011

I stopped in on a Sunday evening with my family, when we were traveling and realized we weren't going to arrive home in time to cook. It was crowded but we were seated right away despite having no reservation. Our table was next to the kitchen and bakery, so there was a lot of activity but it was fun to people-watch. The service was attentive and friendly. We enjoyed the food: I had a salmon salad, my son had pizza and my husband said he had "The best burger I've ever eaten." I would like to return sometime when we have a reservation and more time to enjoy the atmosphere.

• Visited October 2011
“Cute Cozy Place for Lunch”
Reviewed June 1, 2011

This a great relaxed place to grab lunch. The food is consistently good. The salads, soup, and baked goods are always very good.

Redwood City
“I agree with the service being less than...”
Reviewed May 20, 2010

I agree with the service being less than mediocre. Food is pretty good and reasonably priced. Great stop for cyclists on weekends.

Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Don't rely on the Woodside Bakery.”
Reviewed May 18, 2010

The food may be good here, but don't rely on the Woodside Bakery to meet your baking needs. I called three days before I needed to pick up a cake for a local birthday party. Since I was flying in from-out of-state, a bakery in Woodside seemed the best choice. No one would answer the phone, but the message says to leave your order and it will be filled and confirmed. Since no one called back I placed a second call the next day. Again, no one responded, so this morning I called the restaurant for help. They got me through to someone at the bakery who told me that no one had picked up the phone order and that it was now too late for me to place my order. I can only guess how many other messages are getting stale on their message system. Needless to say, it is now almost impossible to find a substitute bakery. I am VERY disappointed in the Woodside Bakery