“A must see for motorcyclists”
Review of Alice's Restaurant

Alice's Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 11 Restaurants in Woodside
Cuisines: Diner
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed August 11, 2012

The place is in a very nice location - we took the trip from Half Moon Bay to the restaurant location and the road was fantastic to ride on the motorcycle.
The food was absolutely delicious and the staff very friendly.
Also, very nice motorcycles parked in front of the restaurant so you can spend some time admiring them.

Reviewed July 29, 2012

Love love this place. Great casual fare in a laid back, rustic location. Perfect stop between Palo Alto and the beach. Burgers, eggs, drinks and more. Patrons include families, Silicon Valley bikers, Woodside gentry and die-hard hippies. It's usually busy and service may be a bit slow at times, but relax and enjoy the opportuity to soak in the atmosphere both inside and out.

Reviewed June 30, 2012

Alice's restaurant is a great spot to visit and it's not too far from the metro area. The drive is nice and the food is decent. It's best to get there early if you are trying to go on the weekend because it does get very busy. I just happened to come upon this place about 10 years ago when I was out driving around and I'm glad I did! I love it and I have taken many friends and family members back to enjoy a meal on the deck. Definitely a place to go when you have plenty of time to spare. By the way, it is not the place the song, Alice's Restaurant, was written about, but it's still cool!

Reviewed June 26, 2012

Alice's gets a lot of business from tourists (how do they find this place?), locals and bikers. It's a real mix of people sitting on the umbrella-shaded front deck as well as inside and on the sunny back deck. The atmosphere is relaxed "I'm on vacation" and not-in-a-hurry. Great place to kick back if you're driving down Hwy. 92 as long as you don't care about the price and the quality of the food. We ordered two dishes. One was the grilled chicken sandwich which came with a plastic bag of chips and a few thin dill pickle slices for $11. For that price, you should have been able to find the meat but the french roll covered the two very thin, 3" round slices of chicken. When the waitress asked how the food was, we honestly replied that even Subway puts more meat on their sandwich. She said others have complained about it too but that management does not care. My husband's beef barley soup was about a 5 out of 10 -- big enough bowl but with not much flavor. We won't stop again and we won't recommend Alice's to anyone either.

Reviewed June 4, 2012

My wife and I were having a weekend drive through the Redwoods south of San Francisco when we unexpectedly came upon this place at an intersection of two-lane roads in the middle of a beautiful redwood grove.
Dining is at picnic tables inside or out (I highly recommend outside, if the weather allows it).
I had a bbq pulled pork sandwich with sweet potato fries; my wife had a grilled chicken sandwich with sweet potato fries. Both meals were excellent! We both had bottled sarsaparilla, which was very good. The apple pie we had for dessert was made on-site, and was excellent, moist and full of fruit, with a nice crust.
Prices were on the upper end for a place of this type but quite reasonable once you factor in the beautiful location. This has become a stopping point for us on any drive through the redwoods on The Peninsula.