“Unique place to relax and enjoy”
Review of Buck's of Woodside

Buck's of Woodside
Ranked #2 of 11 Restaurants in Woodside
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed January 3, 2013

The food is fabulous and big portions. The decorations are amusing and interesting . Collections of unusual memorabilia . There is real planes hanging from the ceiling. The lights over the tables are real cowboy hats. The Staue of Liberty greets you at the door. Velvet full size painting of Elvis. Go to the bathroom and you spend time reading all the stuff on the walls. The staff is friendly and happy and the food is delicious!

Reviewed December 22, 2012

This is where Silicon Valley was made in its early days. Where investors would meet over a scrumptious breakfast to decide on deals.

Located in a Western looking small village. You will feel you have been taken back by 100 years!

Tasty and rich classical American diner food: hamburgers, fries, sandwiches, and the likes.

Perfect service.

A classic!

1  Thank vorsoni
Reviewed December 21, 2012

This place never seems to change, food is always good. Service is excellent and the history rich. For the once a year that I visit this small local spot I am always impressed and always look forward to going back.

Reviewed December 1, 2012

A tad whimsical, but great food, good service and hearty portions. While a little pricey, the atmosphere and the service justify same. Can't go wrong.

Reviewed November 6, 2012

OK, Buck's, I know that you're a Silicon Valley icon, a legendary location for business transactions and a casual Woodside dig with a bunch of bizarre wall-hangings, but your food is terrible, the place is filthy and the service is marginal on a good day. As a SV business woman, I've now been suckered into about 3 meals at your place, 2 were with kids as well. I thought maybe I'm just weird because I dread having to order from your menu and choke down some of the spoils just to be polite, but funnily enough, none of the folks I dined with really liked their food either - kids included. The only exception to that was the guy who ordered the seafood stuffed artichoke, which did look tasty. Other than that, my kids (who love the idea of this crazy, cluttered place) hated every one of their entrees, which is unusual for them. Buck's, I know your supposed to be legendary and that you've got a line out the door every weekend, but I just don't see how you manage that kind of crowd when the Woodside Bakery Cafe is right next door!

Kid Review - direct quotes, "Mom, I'm sorry, I just really hate this, can I skip it?" "YUCK! What's wrong with this?? Please, can we go somewhere else?" (second quote is from the younger, drama king, so it may be slightly exaggerated).

My recommendation? Come in once to see it and enjoy the moment as it will soon be spoiled by the food.