“WOW! Great Service and Terrific Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of The Village Pub

The Village Pub
Reserve with OpenTable
The Village Pub is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 11 Restaurants in Woodside
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Redwood City, California
“WOW! Great Service and Terrific Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2012

What a great meal. Service was impecible. The cauliflower flan lobster appetizer was delicious. The Artic fish was fantastic. The venison was absolutely delightful. A couple across from us had the veal shank which looked incredible. The chocolate soufffle was only good. Our server provided insightful information regarding the wine list and helped us make an outstanding selection. Definitely first class.

• Visited November 2012

chicago
“An Amazing Dining Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2012

My wife and I were in from Chicago visiting family and met at the Village Pub on Sunday, October 28th for dinner. First of all, I can not say enough about the service and the food. Our server was Melody and she was wonderful. She was exceptional and explained and described all of the menu items. We started with the pumpkin soup with ricotta and huckleberries. My wife is a fan of pumpkin soup and it was amazing. We tried a assortment of appetizers:
Warm cauliflower flan with poached lobster. Amazing
Monterey bay abalone with a slow poahed egg. The abalone was very tender and delicious.
Charcuterie assortment. A great assortment to share

For dinner I had the Braised Veal Shank. It's had for me to pass up any braised meat and of course i did not here. It was tender and full of flavors as well as the vegetables that came with the course. I tried some of the Boulandger potatoes and wished i had room to order a side dish of them.
For dessert the pastry chef brought out a assortment of pastries that were to die for. It was unexpeted and wonderful. Thank you again to the pastry chef.
As for Melody, her service was impeccable. Our wine glass and water was always full
and her recommendations were perfect. She was pleasant and extremely knowledgeable and made our evening a amazing experience.
This was not just a dinner but the highlight of our trip and dinner with our family that will always be remembered.

1 Thank abart10
Los Gatos, California
“A treat to self”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2012

My friend and I decided to make reservations at The Village Pub for dinner. It has been a tough time for the both of us and a nice dinner out in our comfort zone was just what we were craving. I could go on and on about how flawed our night was but what I want to bring to light is the special efforts, Katie Schoen made in our behalf. Whatever was encountered to our dismay, Katie went above and beyond to take care of us as the The Village Pub as it is known for. I applaude her for making our experience as special as any Village Pub night in spite of our difficulties. Katie, made sure we had the most pleasurable dining at experience at the cost of the house and I applaude her efforts to right the wrongs and keep our faith in her staff that is striving to make your dining experience the most pleasurable on the Peninsula.
I highly suggest to make a reservation with their staff and enjoy all the delights The Village Pub has to offer. Ask for Katie if you need any suggestions!

Thank you Katie and thank the staff of The Village Pub.
I highly recommend treating you and your loved ones to The Village Pub. Their staff is excellent, the food exquisite, and atmosphere a take you away moment as IF you were in some private club in the city!

Americus, Georgia
“Exceptional Menu, Preparation, Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2012

The headline says it all. White table cloths. The menu is innovative and appealing with some unusual items like venison and abalone. The win list is encyclopedic, and reflects a very well-stocked wine cellar. The service friendly, impeccable and does not interfere with the flow ot table conversation. The noise level is tolerable. I had the abalone, the sweetbreads, a chocolat torte with salted cramel ice cream, and coffee. My husnand had the venison, the pumpkin soup and the apple crisp with bourbon ice cream. I have been dining here since 1962, in every incarnation, and I have to say, last night wa one of the best meals we have had in a ery long while.

United States
“Friendly service - popular spot”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2012 via mobile

We particularly enjoyed the starters and the salad - we had chicken which was adequate; those who had steak said it was excellent. The Warm spice chocolate cake was very well made -- but spicy (maybe not to everyones taste) The service was excellent helpful and friendly!