“Not a good choice”

Ranked #8 of 12 Hotels in Woodland
Bellingham, Washington
“Not a good choice”
Reviewed April 25, 2013

I usually write excellent reviews; however, this place doesn't deserve that. This Inn was chosen for its proximity to a Church where we would attend a celebration the next day. We should have stayed further away in some place of more "quality." We were greeted amiably enough; however, our gift card was rejected, though the clerk at the desk said he just couldn't honor it. We paid cash. Other Inns had taken the gift card on this trip... go figure. The room was ok, nothing special though. The iron leaked water on the dress I ironed - not a nice surprise. However, the next day's breakfast was AWFUL. The area was tiny, counters and tables unclean. The waffle iron was unusable, and utensils were messy. There was no place for the people there to sit. The food ran out long before the closing time of breakfast and the clerk basically said to us: "Too bad. No more." There wasn't even a trash can to put empty coffee cups or plates into. There was no manager to speak to about the conditions. I will never go back to this establishment. I called to complain to the Choice Privileges personnel, and even they could not get a manager to come to the phone. What kind of "quality" is this? Terrible.

Room Tip: Don't go there.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Carol Y

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Santa Rosa, California
Reviewed February 25, 2013

For the price and location, this is a good value. I got a AAA discount and since they didn't have a single, they upgraded me to a King at no additional charge. The night clerk was very pleasant and quick at checking me in.

The room was comfortable and clean and had all of the essentials. Even though I was on a ground floor unit on a Saturday night, it was pretty quiet and there were no noise issues.

The breakfast was pretty typical for this type establishment. Danish and other pastries were available along with some fruits and cereal. There was a waffle iron and eggs and sausage but the eggs looked like they were of the powdered variety so I passed.

Checkout was quick and again, the clerk was nice. He even asked if I was sure that I didn't want to stay for a cup of coffee.

All-in-all, I would recommend this hotel for a stay in Woodland.

Room Tip: The hotel is surrounded by freeways, train tracks and a main street. None-the-less, there wasn't...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Spout Spring
Reviewed January 3, 2013 via mobile

Well 2013 is a brand new year for this hotel! Forget all the other reviews. We had two king rooms that were wonderful! Rooms have been redone. New carpet, new paint, new curtains, new bed. Heating/ cooling system has been revamped. Control is on the wall like at home and even has the choice to have the fan run all the time. I like to have noise at night to keep out outside noises. Very clean, very friendly staff, very cheap to do laundry if on long trip compared to other hotels. Breakfast choices were great! If I had anything bad to say it would only be water pressure not very good but cleanliness is so much more important to me. Location is great. Plenty of restaurants right at hotel. We are traveling across the country and so far this hotel is one of the best! $80.00 for California for this hotel is fine with me. We would stay here again.

• Stayed January 2013
Reviewed November 27, 2012

Our 'very spacious king suite with fireplace' (see photos on their website) turned out to be a regular room with cheesy room dividers with Formica tops. The furniture adders were scarred old tables and a crummy love seat. There was no fireplace, the indoor/outdoor type carpeting was very old and dingy. The bathroom was so small that when you put the bath at down it was hard to close the door. The lighting was poor. Absolutely no apology for the false advertising on how the room looked on the website and what you actually got. Very shabby, will never stay there again.

• Stayed November 2012

Travelers are raving about these Woodland hotels

San Jose, California
Reviewed September 25, 2012

We shook our heads when the guest before us ended up with a two bed room that was totally trashed. Then for our room it looked ok at initial glance, then we started finding how bad it was once we got all our stuff in the room. First the dead bolt would lock until I fiddled with the mechanism. Then looking at the comforter, it was all lumpy and belonged in the trash. Then the real fun began - my wife was cold so I turned on the heat and moments later the fire alarm goes off because the heater is burning up. Got the heat off and the A/C & fan on to try and air out the nasty smell and it wasn't working. To top it off, now the A/C wouldn't turn off.

Complained and got another room. So after a late arrival (1:00am) and in dire need of a good nights sleep, we finally got into a bed to sleep a little after 2:00am. And the night manager only offered an apology for the crappy first room and we had to move all our stuff from the bad room to this one. No offer of anything to help us or a discount or anything.

Then the next morning my wife was drying her hair with the rooms hair dryer and it shut itself off after about two minutes (what a waste of wall space). The comforter was just as much a piece of trash as the first room, and we found dark stuff on the bath room wall (I'll leave it to your imagination as to what it was), and the fire sprinkler had some odd gunk hanging from it, and there were cob webs easily seen in the room.

Never again will we stay here. We'll likely avoid ALL Quality Inns because of this totally shameful experience. If you value your life and health, run away from this place - even if they pay you to stay there, DON'T!!!! This place needs to be bull dozed and the owner, managers, and cleaning staff hung out to dry.

Room Tip: All the rooms we observed were the pits. Just stay away from this death trap.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Michael K
Stockton, California
Reviewed August 2, 2012

I just booked the suite and now see from the last review that the hot tub was not working in June. When I booked the Suite today the clerk told me that the fireplace cannot be used because of a carbon monoxide problem and the hot tub did not work, but did not offer any discount until I asked. Even then she only cut the price by 14.00 dollars. I am now paying 125.99 plus tax for a room in which none of the key amenities work. (Unfortunately, rooms are sold out in this town due to a sporting event) I see from an earlier review that the manager, Bhavini Madhav responded to a customer concern which is great. I hope that the appropriate measures will be taken to correct what seems to be some serious problems with their higher end rooms.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank allsuitemom
Pomona, California
Reviewed June 25, 2012

We stayed in a suite. Payed $150/nt. For this price I would have expected a much nicer room. Bathroom was not cleaned,service was sub-par. Asked for extra towel-they told me it would be 6-8 hours before they could get us one because no one else was on staff. Iron in room did not work (they did bring up a new one). Hot tub was non working.

Room Tip: Suite is not worth the money--drive the extra 15 minutes and go into Sacramento.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business