“Takes care of CA firefighters in addition to guests!” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
STOP CLICKING AROUND
Ranked #1 of 13 Hotels in Woodland
Carefree Arizona
“Takes care of CA firefighters in addition to guests!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014

Stayed here during one of the big fires in northern CA (fire was not close to the hotel) and the entire hotel was sold out to CA Fire for the firefighters. I'm sure the firefighters appreciated the clean and safe place to rest. The staff was terrific to them and to us. We saw the several of the staff thanking the firefighters (and could tell this was genuine, not that they were told to do this). As for the hotel itself, although near the freeway, the hotel is at an angle so the rooms are not directly looking at the road. Well insulated so no road noise at all. And the drive to the airport the next day was easy and quick (15 mins top).

• 4 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
  • Turkish first
Mount Shasta, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014

very nice to find a place that is so easy to find, right off the freeway, and 10 minutes from the airport. Really thrilled at how well-insulated the walls were--very little freeway noise. Nice staff. clean surroundings. The hotel is not as inexpensive as others, but the cheaper ones charge $10 a night to leave your car, plus $5 or more each to shuttle back and forth to the airport--so it's really no benefit to stay at a hotel that isn't as nice, because in the long run, you will pay the same. One night stay--7 days free parking--can't beat that!

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

bhavini m, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Woodland-Sacramento Area, responded to this review, July 27, 2014
Thank you for your review. Glad that the Park & Fly package worked out well for you. Hope to see you on your next trip out of Sacramento Airport.

Thanks,
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014

Staff did not seem to care if I spent $100.00 per year or $10,000.00 with Hilton. All I asked for as a diamond member was a top floor quiet room when I booked on-line. What I was given was a mid floor room facing the I-5 freeway on-ramp. When I complained the staff shrugged and gave me a room that had an air conditioner issue and it was 100+ outside. If they don't need my money I am fine with it. I spend 18 nights a month in Hotels with an average yearly expenditure of $30K. I can be choosy.

• 1 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars

1 Thank Larry B
I apologize for the inconvenience of your stay. We do try to accommodate our guest the best we can with their request. Sometimes rooms are not available, which are requested, and in those circumstances we do apologize. Once again we do appreciate your business.

Thanks
Woodland, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

I travel every week on business and this property is very well maintained and the staff is great. They bend over backwards to ensure our stays with them are great every time. The amenities are top notch and the complimentary breakfast is always good with a different selection of hot foods each day.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

bhavini m, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Woodland-Sacramento Area, responded to this review, July 23, 2014
Thank you for taking time out and writing this wonderful review. We greatly appreciate your loyal stay with us and look forward in seeing you again.

Thanks
San Diego, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

Good location for an overnight between San Diego and Central Oregon. Near Costco for gas and many restaurants. Plentiful breakfast in a pleasant setting. Price was a bit steep, but if you have the time you can probably get it at a better price than we found.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for your review. Hope to see you soon.

Thanks,
austin, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

Hampton Inn in Woodland is great. It is quiet but right next to I-5, it is 10 min from Sacramento airport, and there is a 24 hour gym and a Mr. Pickle's sandwich shop nearby. I stay there every time i am out there!

Portland, Maine
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

I am a frequent business traveler. I stay at Hampton Inns on a regular basis. This facility is convenient to SMF airport, and is clean and quiet. Public areas are clean and attractive. My guest room was clean but I found the mattress to be worn and sagging which surprised me because Hampton Inns generally have very comfortable bedding. The Sofa chair in the room had been stained and a cleaning was attempted but was not very successful. When I consider the price I paid for the room and the quality of accommodations compared to other hotels I stayed at around the Sacramento area, I would probably choose another hotel the next time I am in the area. That is not to say that this is not a good hotel. In general it is a good facility and the staff is friendly. Hampton Inns have a Satisfaction Guarantee so I could have brought the issues to the attention of the manager and been compensated for the shortcomings I found. However, my travel schedule requires me to generally arrive very late at night and depart early the next morning so I don't always have time to discuss issues with the hotel management.

• 5 of 5 stars
Also consider these accommodations in or near Woodland
Comfort Suites Woodland - Sacramento Airport
Days Inn Woodland
Days Inn Woodland
#6 of 13 in Woodland
3.0 of 5 stars 158 reviews

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Woodland-Sacramento Area? Share your experiences!