“Very Nice Stay”

Hampton Inn & Suites Woodland-Sacramento Area
Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in Woodland
Reviewed February 22, 2013

This property is typical of a Hampton Inn and exactly what you would expect from the brand. The room was very clean, the bed comfortable and the sheets were exsquisite! They were probably the softest sheets I have ever experienced in a hotel of this genre. It was quiet and very easy to access from highway. I was in room 109, which is located right next to what I think was a water pump room and there was constant white noise. This is not a detriment in my opinion as it sounded just like one of those noise machines that some hotels put in their room to mask ambient noise. I actually liked it, but if you are one of those people who need absolute quiet you may not want this room. Another point to note is that the water pressure is a bit odd as it alternates from a decent normal pressure to a "hold on to your hats & glasses" uber pressure. Again it didn't bother me at all once I got used to it as the water tempuratures maintained, it was just something unexpected.

The staff was courteous and efficient, although they were not as overly friendly as I have seen at other Hampton Inn properties. They got the job done, which works fine for me. The breakfast was your typical "breakfast included" faire and everything was clean and well stocked.

I do want to emphasize that the housekeeping staff was outstanding! They were quiet, efficient and the room was sparkling clean each day of my stay. Very impressive! Overall this is a great property if you are in the area - I would definitely stay here if business brings me back to Woodland.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
bhavini m, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Woodland-Sacramento Area, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2013

Thank you for your time. Sorry about the water pressure, we did fix that problem. The room your were in was located next to our hotel laundry and there could be a little noise sometimes. I apologize for the little problems you had. I'm glad to hear overall your stay was comfortable. We look forward in seeing you soon.

Thanks,

Bhavini

Reviewed February 11, 2013

The hotel itself was decent. Smaller than I expected. The bed was very comfortable, the room and bathroom clean. The heating/cooling system was extremely loud. Every time it would kick on it would wake me up. I finally got up and turned it off, then the room got so stuffy that I had to turn it back on. Needless to say, I didn't get a very good night's sleep.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
bhavini m, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Woodland-Sacramento Area, responded to this reviewResponded February 15, 2013

We are very sorry for the quality of service and amenities you received during your recent stay. Thank you for your feedback regarding our Heating and Air Conditioning. We know how important a good shower is and your comments will help us to improve the situation. We hope you will consider staying with us at again in the future and experience our true Hamptonality.
Thanks

Reviewed February 9, 2013

The water pressure was very bad during our stay, and was not repaired! We did not have enough pressure for shower, and made loud noise. I'm would be surprised if anyone would stay at this hotel a second time. The staff acted like they did not know about the problem, very poor service.

1  Thank Tim S

We are very sorry for the quality of service and amenities you received during your recent stay. Thank you for your feedback regarding our water pressure. We know how important a good shower is and your comments will help us to improve the situation. We hope you will consider staying with us at again in the future and experience our true Hamptonality.

Reviewed January 28, 2013

First choice in overnight stays. Hampton Inns are consistent and have larger rooms than - more of the litttle things, little microwave popocorn in the room. Very easy check-in and check-out - hleps in your are member of Hilton Honors program.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family

Thanks for the frequent stay at our hotel. We greatly appreciate your business.

Thanks,

Bhavini

Reviewed January 27, 2013

We love this hotel. We've stayed here two separate trips. It is clean, friendly, convenient, spacious, and quality everything. The staff here have always been very friendly. It's definitely nice when there is a Hampton to call... most we've stayed in are really nice, safe, and reliable. This one in Woodland has been great!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed December 26, 2012

Missed a flight at Sacramento, headed to Woodland for a room close in to come back on standby at O'dark thirty. Well finished room, well equipped, great AARP rate. Staff very helpful. Only goofy thing, water in the shower and toilet surged harder, softer every 8-9 seconds. Never went hot or cold, just varied a lot. 8-10 minutes to the airport, couldn't beat the rate for a nice place.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 16, 2012

Stayed here for a soccer tournament in Woodland.

Hotel itself is reliable, clean, and safe. Rooms were good sized, clean, and served their purpose. Breakfast was decent.

However

1. The television signal kept dropping every 10 minutes and then automatically re-establishing itself about 5 seconds later. So in a 30 minute show, we'd have 3-4 or more "5 seconds" blackouts. Made watching tv a bit annoying.

2. The internet connection is ridiculously slow. I bought a movie on iTunes for the drive home. The movie wasn't even HALF downloaded by the next morning.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family