February 2008. I was attending a planning meeting in Woodland, CA. About 5 miles west of Sacramento International Airport off of Interstate 5 freeway. About 7 miles north of Davis, CA. This one of the newer properties in Woodland, CA. There is a Holiday Inn Express next door. Woodland is the county seat for Yolo County. It is both a agricultural town and bedroom community of Sacramento.
Check-in at the Hampton Inn was friendly. I stayed on highler level floor. Did not hear the nearby freeway or other guest noise. My room was good size, with a separate sitting area.
The room has both a mini fridge and microwave. There is also a sink. The room was clean and cleaned every day. There was also a separate desk and chair. Lighting in the room was a bit dark. My tv did not operate but the Manager came up with a worker and replaced my t.v. The tv had many channels. The bed was comfortable.
The bathroom was clean. The standard Hampton Inn amenities were in place. Water pressure and temperature were good.
The breakfast was standard Hampton Inn breakfast which is okay. Not has extensive as Embassy Suites for some Residence Inns. There is a small gym inside the property but I did not use it.
Local eating establishments include Jack In the Box fast food restaurant, Quiznos Subs and Taqueria inside the Shell Station next door. Several miles west there is Walmart with a McDonalds inside this store.. There is Applebees restaurant near the Walmart. On Main Street in downtown Woodland, I recommend Pad Thai and Ludy's BBQ. About 40 minutes West of Woodland and Northwest of the town of Esparto, is the Cache Creek Casino which has a very good buffet restaurant.
Just south of this property is 9 hole golf course and driving range called Mountain Valley. There is a Costco wherehouse store being built across the I-5 freeway.
Everyone I came in contact with at the Hampton Inn was very helpful and friendly. This property is convenient to Sacramento International Airport and Woodland, CA.
If I need to stay in this area again I will try to book the Hampton Inn, which is a good recommendation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hampton Inn & Suites Woodland-Sacramento Area hotel is surrounded by many popular attractions, located next to I-5 (eight miles north of the Sacramento International Airport). Enjoy free airport shuttle service, free WiFi, free breakfast, our outdoor pool, fitness room, business center and free parking. Our hotel is 100% non-smoking. A fee of $250 will automatically be charged for smoking in our hotel rooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Hilton Hotels Direct, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotwire, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Hampton Inn & Suites Woodland-Sacramento Area reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn & Suites Woodland Hotel Woodland
- Hampton Inn And Suites Woodland
- Hampton Inn Woodland
- Woodland Hampton Inn