“Very convenient location.”

Hampton Inn & Suites Woodland-Sacramento Area
Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in Woodland
Reviewed May 3, 2012

We stayed 2 nights at this hotel to attend the Scottish Highland Games in Woodland. It was very conveniently located to Yolo County Fairgrounds. We could walk to a couple of fast food places. Within close proximity to restaurants and shopping.

The hotel itself was clean, comfortable, and quiet. I only give it a rating of 4 because the elevators were super slow. Also, every time we went through the lobby there was no one at the front desk. I thought that was strange and rather inconvenient.

Otherwise. A very nice place to stay.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed April 12, 2012

Nice big room with comfy bed. Complimentary breakfast was great. Staff was just OK.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
bhavini m, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Woodland-Sacramento Area, responded to this reviewResponded April 14, 2012

Thank you for your time to post a review. We greatly appreciate your business. Sorry that our service was not to your standard. We will continue training our staff to better service our valued guest.

Reviewed March 20, 2012

My wife and I have stayed at this Hampton Inn many times over the past five years. It is the closest to my daughter's home. The people who are employed at this property have forgotten that it is the returning client who can provide the best insight into the hotel's performance. I am tired of the rude and uncaring people who do not understand that their actions and attitude do not create return customers.
This is my last stay here. I would recommend the Holiday Inn Express next door who have friendly and courteous staff.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Cacheville

I apologize for your unacceptable service experience. I would appreciate it if I can get a call from you so we can further discuss this matter. I would like for you to come and experience another night, on us. Please except this apology on behalf of our staff. I look forward in hearing from you soon. Thanks

Reviewed March 19, 2012

I stay here regularly when I'm taking the early flight out of SMF. It's better than the Natomas places in my opinion and a much better value. The staff is great and very friendly. The rooms are clean and comfortable. I leave too early to have breakfast but I'm sure it's as good as the rest of the experience here. I've used their airport shuttle a couple times and it was very good. This was the main reason I started staying here, but now I stay even though I don't use the shuttle just because I like it better. There are some decent chain restaurants close by to grab a bite for dinner.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed February 28, 2012

On our drive back home to Canada along the I5 travelling from California we usually stop at Lathrop, CA and stay at the Hampton Inn there.

This year we decided to push through and drive another hour before stopping for the night...a decision made on the fly so I was unable to go online and check TA for the best places to stay.

But I had my Hampton Inn book so we pulled into Woodland Hampton Inn at around 4pm after a 10 hr drive.

The day desk staff Jose checked us in efficiently but when we opened the door to our room, we detected stale cigarette smoke (and Hampton is a non smoking hotel). It appeared that someone had attempted to cover up the smell with Febreeze.

When I alerted Jose, he came into the room and agreed that it was not fresh so immediately moved us next door with a free upgrade to a jr suite to make up for our 'inconvenience'. It was fresh and clean smelling. We stayed in for the night using our travel cooler of nibblies and the fridge and microwave to make a light dinner. Bed was comfy and room was quiet even though the freeway is close by.

As for the lumpy comforters that people are noting, I think it is because they are cleaned (or at the cover is) after every guest so my guess , it's 'shabby chic'. But I much prefer that look and feel and weight to a heavy weight old style bedspread in some hotel chains which are never cleaned.
We'll be back.

Room Tip: We asked for a room 'away from the freeway' but due to the way the hotel is situated on the...
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 28, 2011

This hotel is ten minutes northwest of the Sacramento Airport, very convenient for those traveling north on I5, right off the freeway. The rooms were comfortable with a small refrigerator, microwave and coffeemaker. Every staff member we encountered in our two night stay was friendly and helpful, and who can resist the smell of freshly baked cookies available in the late afternoon? Their complimentary breakfast featured hot items as well as the usual continental cold items. We will stay there again the next time we visit Woodland.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed November 3, 2011

Just a few minutes to the airport and about 20 minutes from downtown Sac Town. Just about the nicest place you can stay in Woodland, if you have business there or northwest of the city.

• Stayed: November 2011