Hampton Inn & Suites Woodland-Sacramento Area
Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in Woodland
Ada, Oklahoma
“Good stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2011

We only got one night here, and not much of that. The price the quoted on the phone was about $30 cheaper than listed on their web page. It took this place from a nice place, but more than we really wanted to pay, to a great room at a great price. The beds were very comfortable, and the TV was a nice flat panel. My wife was disappointed we couldn't stay one more night so we would have time to watch a move in our hotel room.
The front desk was very helpful. I had a business internet meeting I had to take at 1, but check in was not till 3, and when I called at noon our room was not ready. I told them I need a private place to take an internet meeting and they said they had a business area. When I got there at 5 till 1 they had my room cleaned, and key ready with the internet password written on the back of the key envelope. They gave me the option of taking call in my room or the business office. My room worked out perfect.
The comforter on the bed was lumpy. I am really not sure if this was a design feature, or a result of them washing the comforter. I am going with the latter option; I like to use any excuse to think the comforters get washed in a hotel. Either way it was on top and really didn't matter.
In the end a very nice room at a great price.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
  • Turkish first
Fort Washington, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2011

Simple, clean accommodations. Staff was a little rude to each other, but not to guests. Thought this would be somewhat closer to airport, but still not bad as long as you have a rental car.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars
Central California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2011

We stayed in our first Hampton Inn a couple of weeks ago and were very impressed so we chose this one expecting the same. We found out they are not all created equal. Our room was probably 90 degrees plus when we entered after a long day on the road and took a couple of hours with the air on to make it comfortable enough for bedtime. The bedspread/duvet was well worn and lumpy. My husband thinks that is the new chic but I was not impressed. The pool area was closed when we arrived but looked blah compared to the last Hampton Inn. Would probably stay at the Best Western if we were in the area again.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Phoenix
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2011

Very nice Hampton (seems brand new), very clean, spacious rooms with micro and fridge, decent pool (closes early though). Rollaway is not very comfortable, but was free so can't complain. Front desk staff was very friendly at check in. No extra charge or problems fitting two adults and three kids. Excellent Military rate too! In and Out, Starbucks, and Target nearby. Would stay again when passing through!

Room Tip: Fantastic Military Rate!
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank pleasetakemewithyou2
Newport Beach, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2011

Hampton offers top notch Business Traveler suites, they also charge for the effort. The building shares a pad site with a Holiday in Express-Parking is very tight. The Hampton in Elk Grove is where I usually stay; AAA $99.00, but when I pulled in there the little Wine Shop Cafe in the strip center next door had closed so I decided to drive further north and landed here, this place was $139 after serious haggleing, so I paid $40 more for the same type room, same age building, both on the outskirts of Sacramento and the breakfast here was the worst I've ever had at this Chain! I went in at 9:25 am, the scrambled eggs were rock hard, the Turkey suasage links had no flavor and were luke warm, the saving grace was the fruit, yogurt and cold cerial, I really felt sorry for the people coming in at 10 as I was leaving. I consider this a very expensive $40 break-fast, if I would have wound up getting a door ding in the parking lot I would down grade my rating to a 3 star, but my car was fine. So book ahead and if you stay here realize the breakfast isn't anything like the Best Western Orange County Airport I previously reviewed.

Room Tip: Jack-in-the-Box nearby has better breakfast.
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
Victoria, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2010

Easy access, nice rooms, shaded pool area, nice relaxing night after a days travel from Blythe.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Fort Bragg, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2010

Usually Hampton Inns have nice landscaping all around. None at all here, concrete and dirt fields, and parking lots. Not even one plant by the small pool. The hotel is close by the freeway, so ask for a 3rd story room, away from the 24/7 Interstate 5 traffic noise. Yes, it really does make difference....It was a hot, July afternoon, so the nice check-in fella gave us a room on the "shady", cooler side of the building. Our actual room was quite nice, only one complaint about it . The pillows were standard size , on a KING size bed ?? 2 firms, and 2 softs. They seemed outta place, lost on that big bed..Shouldn't cut corners here.

Also the quality of the Hampton Inns breakfast foods just keep getting worse. Cheap-o type...Not one fresh fruit choice, even in summer? An OK place for a one night stop over..But thats it....It was $5 cheaper than the Holiday Inn Express right next door. $114.00 plus tax

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple