“Good BBQ”

Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed April 10, 2012

Ludy's is an institution around here. They have good (not great) BBQ - though some items are really delicious. They also have a good selection of salads, beer and wine. Plus, the staff and management (Paul) is genuinely friendly and accomoodating. We have enjoyed many live music nights there.

Reviewed March 27, 2012

I think the atmosphere is what makes Ludy's kind of fun. The food is what one might expect of a BBQ diner...greasy but decent.

Reviewed February 24, 2012

There is no better BBQ southern style barbeque in yolo county...I driver 30 miles to get some of Ludy's BBQ.

Reviewed February 20, 2012

Whenever I get the hankerin' for some good BBQ, my car naturally points in the direction of Ludy's Main Street BBQ. It must be my GPS system (Gastronomical Pointing System). I'm a frequent visitor, and stopping by yesterday evening with my wife and mom in tow Ludy's didn't disappoint. We parked off Dead Cat Alley, always a conversation starter. My wife had the rib sampler and, for a change of pace, I had the Val burger. Mom had fish-and-chips, but since she's 93 who's going to argue with her? My burger was about a foot tall which for most people would be a problem, but I'm told I have a big mouth so I plunged right in. Ordering it medium rare, it was a jucy, cheezy, bacony trip to burger heaven. My wife had to take home some of her rib sampler plate because the portions are so generous. I just love the decor of the place, from the Gold Rush-style patio to the booths with lots of antiques and memorobilia all around. Help yourself to your own sodas, bibs and BBQ sauce, a down-home touch. A bucket on your table for bones, and all the napkins and moist towlettes you can shred (and, trust me, you'll use plenty) is also much appreciated. On Friday and Saturday nights they even feature live music. This is one of my favorite spots and after you try it you'll soon agree. By the way, I took a camera phone photo of my mom wearing a bib and a fish-eating grin on her face, and it was a hit with the relatives. Try and top that!

Reviewed February 12, 2012

The patio is nice when the weather is good and the interior is entertaining for kids but the food is just so-so. It tastes like meat slathered with BBQ sauce, not some special slow-cooked BBQ worth $$$. Most menu items are a la carte, and the 'taters are subpar, you can get better french fries in the frozen food aisle.