“Very Good” 4 of 5 stars

The Burger Saloon
Ranked #1 of 147 Restaurants in Woodland
Cuisines: American, Brew Pub, Bar
Good for: Dining on a budget, Large groups, Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Drinks, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Enjoy Yolo County's best burgers, craft beers, and cocktails in the era-1869 Capital Hotel, located at 1st & Main in beautiful and historic downtown Woodland.
Oregon
“Very Good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2014

Stopped here after going to Ludys Bbq which was too noisy for us after a day of driving. We both had salads and a small order of BBQ wings. So yummy! My salad was the apple vinaigrette with sugared walnuts, pickled onion and brie and sliced avocado on a bed of mixed greens. Hubby had just a house salad. But those wings were so good could have eaten two orders.

• Visited February 2014

Saint Louis, Missouri
“Great Burger Joint”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2014

I enjoyed this restaurant greatly. The décor is set up like an old firehouse with red brick and a large wooden bar and the food is creative and thoughtful. When I arrived for lunch, I was seated immediately and the server came over, asked me if I had ever had the experience before and, when I said “no,” he went over the burger choosing process in detail. What I enjoyed most about the Burger Saloon is that you have choices for meat (ground beef, ground turkey, vegetarian, etc.), buns (brioche being the recommended choice), various toppings and then a selection of signature burgers created by the chef. I chose a southwestern type of burger of ground beef topped with jalapenos, avocado, cheese and a homemade sauce on a brioche bun. They also have a choice of regular or sweet potato fries. Everything was fresh and tasty and my only critique (or minor complaints) is that I was completely finished with my drink for quite a while before I was refilled and that you do not have a choice on how the meat is cooked. Neither being a big issue for me. I will certainly go back when I am in town again as I am curious to try another of their signature burgers. Lastly, they had a great beer selection although I was on lunch and didn’t try any.

• Visited December 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars
Woodland, California
“Perfect lunch!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2013

My favorite lunch place in Woodland. I go here nearly once a week, but I almost always get the Avo Bleu Burger. The service is excellent, if you tell them you need to be out by a certain time, they will always make sure they rush your meal along. The onion strings are my favorite.

Visited December 2013
Woodland, California
“Great burgers and more!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

The Burger Saloon is located in one of the historical buildings on Main Street in Woodland. These folks have done an excellent job of creating a menu with lots of choices: meats to be put on your choice of breads (or not), cheeses, salads, and sides. There are specials every day, which sometimes include buffalo and salmon. The condiments are frequently freshly made, and the veggies are really fresh. The wait staff is always accommodating and friendly. The only one negative I have is that it is very noisy, which seems to be the way of most restaurants these days. Hard to carry on a conversation across the table.

• Visited September 2013
Pine Grove, California
“Delicious But”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

The burgers here are first rate. Choice of beers very good. The chocolate soufflé desert is great. Service is excellent. We waited about 10 minutes for a table, so they comped desert. That was impressive,

However, when crowded, the place is VERY noisy. They could probably fix this by covering some of the brick walls. We found the menu descriptions of the dishes offered very difficult to read because the print was very fine and very lightly printed.

Nevertheless, the food and service and reasonable prices make this a good place if these few shortcomings are not ones that will bother you.

• Visited September 2013