WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of Holiday Inn Express Woodland

Holiday Inn Express Woodland
Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Woodland
Seattle, Washington
“continuing high quality product and service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2014

This is my 3rd review of a Holiday Inn Express, this one being in Woodland, CA just north of Sacramento Int'l Airport on the I-5 freeway. As with previous HIE stays, this one was no different. The cleanliness of the room, the courteous and professional treatment by hotel staff makes the HIE experience a great one. As with others, this breakfast room was well appointed, set up so that you aren't going to be tripping over other guests to get to your breakfast of choice. I do particularly like the Express Check-Out that HIE offers its guests. That way, if you are abit short on time in the morning, you can go straight to your car with the bill already settled.
You just simply cannot go wrong by choosing a Holiday Inn Express hotel for your stay. You will find the staff friendly, the rooms clean with comfortable beds with great ease of access on and off the freeway.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Craig L
RajSangha, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Woodland, responded to this review, July 14, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your recent stay and for leaving such wonderful compliments. We will be sure to share with all of our staff. It was a pleasure to have you stay and we hope to see you again.

Best Regards,

HIE Staff Woodland, CA

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Los Gatos, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2014 via mobile

Very clean, no issues at check in, friendly staff and nice pool/hot tub area. The bathroom was very clean and had standard soaps, lotions and even qtips! Only gripe was the fitness center didn't have weights, but who am I kidding, I wouldn't have done any lifting :)

We slept soundly with no distractions from any neighbors or outside noises. I highly recommend if you have to stay around woodland.

We stayed here because we wanted to be somewhat close to cache creek casino to make it a short drive after gambling the night before. It ended up being about a 35-40 min drive with no traffic. So if you're looking for a cheaper in price, but not quality, option than the hotel casino this could be a good option for you.

Stayed July 2014
RajSangha, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Woodland, responded to this review, July 8, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thanks for taking the time from your day to leave a positive review for our Hotel. We thank you for staying with us and hope to see you again.

Winchester, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2014

Your average Holiday Inn Express. Decent breakfast choices. Clean and fairly reasonable. Stayed two nights. Not much to see or do in Woodland, though. No decent restaurants near there that I found. Easy access to highways. No problems with the room or service.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
RajSangha, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Woodland, responded to this review, June 24, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

We want to thank you for your recent stay with us. We are happy you enjoyed it and thank you for leaving your feedback.

Vancouver, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2014 via mobile

The front desk clerk was AWESOME! He recognized me as a Gold club member and offered me 2 waters instead of snacks. He also automatically upgraded me to a suite and let me know it was free of charge. He recommended a great restaurant and gave me a 15% off coupon. He had a good sense of humor as well which made the check in process fun. I'd definitely stay here again.

Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
RajSangha, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Woodland, responded to this review, July 16, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying and recognizing our Excellent staff and their customer service. We are pleased to hear he made your experience at check in a great one. We hope to have you as a guest again.

Tel Aviv, Israel
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2014

I got very large room, it was clean and well-equipped. The service and especially the drivers service was fantastic. My only criticism is the price (150$ per night per person), I think it’s too high .

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for staying with us. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay. Furthermore, we appreciate your feedback in regards to pricing. We offer the best rate guarantee in our market. Please call us in advance to book special deals we offer here at the hotel or on our brand website. We hope you will still book with us in the future.

Parksville, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2014

As Snowbirds, we appreciate good quality and good value in the hotels we stay in. Holiday Inn Express meets this test in most locations, including Woodland. We were warmly and efficiently greeted and in our room in a flash. The location is close to restaurants, dining and re-fueling. Our room had a few very minor maintenance issues (light didn't work, leaky tap, slow coffee maker) but these did not inconvenience use much. The breakfast area is spacious and food well presented and fresh.

Room Tip: If you like your window open at night, lower rooms will have less road noise.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
RajSangha, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Woodland, responded to this review, April 3, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to leave a great review. We are pleased your stay was comfortable. We hope you will stay again.

Redding, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2014

These days, its my experience as a business traveler that folks don't go the extra mile, but two very special ladies who worked at the Holiday Inn Express Woodland on March 18-19 certainly did.

Briefly, I checked in after midnight and left around 9am the following morning. There had been a death in my family, so I needless to say I was a little pre-occupied. I got a call on my cell phone about 30 minutes later-- the lady at the front desk said I had left my computer tablet in the room-- the housekeeper found it and immediately brought it to her-- she said she tried a number my profile had but it wasn't right-- she went to IGH rewards program and found my work cell and called me--- I was able to come back and get it.

For some, it may sound like a very simple thing-- but I know it wasn't-- it took 2 very honest ladies to want to help me.

After 10 years of business travel, no staff in any of the hundreds of places I have stayed has ever done that for me-- I can't imagine the hundreds of customers per day that come through, but I was treated like I was the only one. So this makes me feel pretty special-- like HI Woodland " had my back".....and really cares.

Your hotel is my first choice anytime I am in the area!

Patti H.
Redding CA

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
RajSangha, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Woodland, responded to this review, April 5, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your terrific review and for staying at our hotel. We do our best to go above and beyond and we are so pleased our staff achieved that. I'm also happy to hear you got your tablet back. Our condolence goes at to you and your family. We look forward to see you again in the near future.