“underwhelmed”
Review of Maria's Cantina

Maria's Cantina
Reserve with OpenTable
Maria's Cantina is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 151 Restaurants in Woodland
Cross street: Court Street
Green Bay, Wisconsin
“underwhelmed”
Reviewed April 27, 2013 via mobile

I agree with the previous review regarding the salsa. The salsa is made from dried chiles and is very tasty unfortunately I cannot say that about the carne asada which was bland. The chicken fajita was simply okay, certainly not the best and not the worst we've had. I believe there are other restaurants in town that are much better. This is a popular restaurant in town for drinks and snacks.

• Visited April 2013

“Beautiful”
Reviewed April 11, 2013 via mobile

The interior design is beautiful! The atmosphere is wonderful. The food is nothing special, and insanely over priced. I might go here again for the good service and pretty decorations but the food is sub par at best. I was really unimpressed with it.

• Visited January 2013
Oak Park, California
“I wish they sold the salsa”
Reviewed April 6, 2013 via mobile

We had been at a reunion BBQ most of the day so we weren't very hungry but wanted something to eat. When the chips and salsa arrived, we couldn't stop eating them! It is THE best we have EVER had and we have had a lot of salsa in our lives! the chips are thin and delicate but the salsa... yum! I wish I'd had an empty stomach so I could have ordered more traditional Mexican food but my salad was even extra tasty. I wish we lived near a place as good as this! Casey was our waiter and he was quite charming, too :-)

Visited April 2013
1 Thank LauraJ48
“They put detailed work into every component of every dish”
Reviewed March 23, 2013 via mobile

They don't shovel food cafeteria style here. Plates are arranged to please the eye as well as the palate. Nice touches like lime wedges and a sprinkle of goat's cheese on top of the black beans. Quality salsa with the chips and fresh-made quacamole. All at good fair prices. How do they do it? Kenny took great care of me.

California
“Excellent Food”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Woodland has a very big Latino population, so you expect you will find good Mexican food here. We tried several and all were pretty much standard good. Then we went to Maria's. I cannot remember having Mexican cuisine that is so excellent good.

We usually end up here about once every 10 days or so. We took some friends here and ordered a dish I have had here many times. One of my friends also ordered that dish. For the first time, that selection was only good, not as excellent as it had been, though the other three main courses were as excellent as ever. I menioned this to the waiter and within minutes the manager or owner was at our table inquiring about my "complaint". He listened with interest and said they would not charge for my meal. I told him that was not necessary, that the meal had still been very good and I had eaten it. When I got the check, I noted that the cost of that dinner had been subtracted from it. Now, that is the kind of action that shows a commitment to quality and will win customers every time.

If you go, I can recommend any of the steak dishes, the carnitas, and the fajitas as very superior. The house margaritas are also very good. The salsa is different from any others I have had and is a real treat.

We are going there tonight to celebrate an anniversary.

• Visited January 2013