“2nd worst Motel 6 I've ever stayed at.”

Motel 6 Woodland- Sacramento Area
Ranked #12 of 12 Hotels in Woodland
Reviewed August 5, 2012

Stopped in this Motel 6 at Woodland,Ca after long days drive, we stayed in non smoking / no pet room, the room stunk and the carpet was so disgusting I wouldn't even let my dog sleep on it if it were with me. The bed wasn't bad typical for Motel 6, the blanket though was like a piece of cardboard, the TV reception is all snowy, the bathroom is small but clean.
on the plus side this is the quietest Motel 6 I've ever stayed at only because there are so few people staying here I guess. I definitely will be avoiding this motel in the future.

The worst Motel 6 I've stayed as was Motel 6 at SeaTac,Wa , by the airport a few years ago, we stayed there, only to have the SeaTac Police SWAT team & Federal agents run through the halls of the motel forcing to stay in our room, because somebody on the FBI's most wanted list was in a room down the hall from us, The place was rundown dump, I actually got sick afterwards either from the staying there or food poisoning from the restaurant meal I had in Seattle.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Teri-Paul

Reviewed August 3, 2012

We got in real late after a long day's drive, and just decided to pull off at the first motel in Woodland. We were given a key to one room, but when we went there, the toilet was running and would not flush. I reported that back to the front desk, and he gave me another key. The second room smelled of cleaner, but I didn't feel that it was really clean. It was small, claustrobic even, and it was very dingy and run down. I tried to avoid touching anything, crawled into the sheets, and hoped for the best. I would NEVER stay there again, and would tell everyone to avoid it at all costs!! PLUS, it was WAY too expensive for what it was!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Sherri E
Reviewed June 2, 2012

Admittedly we were in a rush to find a hotel since our other place didn't pan out but here's why I say run ! Our room was a non smoking room but it smelled of cigarettes, come to find out I get in bed and there is ashes along the headboard of the bed. There were little speckles of pepper like stuff in the bed and something bit me not sure what but I had a welt on my tummy. You know if we weren't running low on cash and has a better plan we would have just asked for a refund and left. We were exhausted from San Fransisco which didn't help in our laziness. Just stay away it was dirty and possible bed bugs.
Also when we left asap in the morning we drove around the place and they had tons of mattresses dumped in the back not sure if they had a bug problem or if they were just old.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Mackattack89
Reviewed October 22, 2011

Needed a room, receptionist did not show me where my room was located. Found it, due to BIG RIGS, there was no parking anywhere near my room. She did give me another, but I felt she was reluctant to do so. Advised her where there was parking. Room not bad, but the outside very dirty. They need to wash the stairs and clean it up, and it would be
better.
Oct 18th, day I stayed
Lynn B. Portland

• Stayed: October 2011
1  Thank LynnB001
Reviewed May 19, 2011

We needed to be close to the Sacramento airport, and the stores and restaurants were very handy!! It looked great from the outside, and the service at the office was great!! We asked for the quietest room, and it smelled like urine!!! So the manager gave us 2 keys to 2 different rooms.... We picked the best one, but there was stains on the bed cover of one of the beds, one of the beds is pushed up on the heater/air cond, and the dirt in the fins is horrible!!! I eneded up spraying down the bathroom with Lysol, then I proceeded to scrub the whole bathroom, flooors and all with soap, just so we could shower and feel comfortable!!! Otherwise it was ok, what do you think???

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with friends
3  Thank randyrhoads
Reviewed March 20, 2011

We stayed here one night because every place else in the area was more than we wanted to spend on a single night. ( I am not sure why the area is so expensive--seems to be mostly truckers at all the hotel/motels we tried.) I stayed at Motel 6's while I was in college a few times, and this one is better than I remember them being. That said, there was some real grime in the carpet--wear flip flops or something. There was the usual serious wear and tear covered by paint, holes in blankets. We're budget travelers, so we managed okay. For one night. There is a microwave and fridge. No breakfast. Like the clerk said to me, "It's Motel 6."

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed July 6, 2010

All Motel 6’s are not alike. Case in point: this one, and the one just up I-5 in Williams. Nothing horrible here in Woodland, but poor in every respect. Marginal maintenance, musty smell, swaybacked bed, and after completing the check-in I discover that there is no Internet available because they are out of the access cards! Motel 6 in Williams is far better across the board, and the price is exactly the same. (I stayed here this time because of proximity to Sacramento airport, but next time I’ll get up earlier and drive the extra 40 miles!)

Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business