“Unclean!!!”

Ranked #12 of 12 Hotels in Woodland
Grand Forks, Canada
“Unclean!!!”
Reviewed May 19, 2011

We needed to be close to the Sacramento airport, and the stores and restaurants were very handy!! It looked great from the outside, and the service at the office was great!! We asked for the quietest room, and it smelled like urine!!! So the manager gave us 2 keys to 2 different rooms.... We picked the best one, but there was stains on the bed cover of one of the beds, one of the beds is pushed up on the heater/air cond, and the dirt in the fins is horrible!!! I eneded up spraying down the bathroom with Lysol, then I proceeded to scrub the whole bathroom, flooors and all with soap, just so we could shower and feel comfortable!!! Otherwise it was ok, what do you think???

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with friends
3 Thank randyrhoads

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Texas
Reviewed March 20, 2011

We stayed here one night because every place else in the area was more than we wanted to spend on a single night. ( I am not sure why the area is so expensive--seems to be mostly truckers at all the hotel/motels we tried.) I stayed at Motel 6's while I was in college a few times, and this one is better than I remember them being. That said, there was some real grime in the carpet--wear flip flops or something. There was the usual serious wear and tear covered by paint, holes in blankets. We're budget travelers, so we managed okay. For one night. There is a microwave and fridge. No breakfast. Like the clerk said to me, "It's Motel 6."

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
Ashland, OR
Reviewed July 6, 2010

All Motel 6’s are not alike. Case in point: this one, and the one just up I-5 in Williams. Nothing horrible here in Woodland, but poor in every respect. Marginal maintenance, musty smell, swaybacked bed, and after completing the check-in I discover that there is no Internet available because they are out of the access cards! Motel 6 in Williams is far better across the board, and the price is exactly the same. (I stayed here this time because of proximity to Sacramento airport, but next time I’ll get up earlier and drive the extra 40 miles!)

Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
Milwaukie, Oregon
Reviewed June 28, 2009

We stayed one night during a road trip with family. Check in was fast. The room was small and clean, Wi Fi for $2.99 (free would have been better) Mattresses were firm. Plenty of restaurants within walking distance and motel is right off of the interstate. The only complaint was that one of the beds in our room was right next to the air conditioning. Also there is only a bar of soap in the bathroom and when I asked for shampoo I was told they don't offer it but that I could buy it out of the vending machine in the lobby.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
Nevada
Reviewed April 25, 2009

Had to stay there a week while waiting for my apartment, seemed clean but when I had to go to the bathroom in the middle of the night, (of course the last night of my five day stay), I saw four cockroaches in the bathroom, I was totally discussed. I have always stayed in Motel 6 because you know what to expect. This was the first time I encountered roaches.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled on business
citrus heights, california
Reviewed April 19, 2009

I visited on April 16, 2009. Was actually given a senior discount, which pleased me immensely. The front office check-in staff (Amit and Meghan) were very professional. At 12 noon check in time, I had to wait less than 10 minutes for my room to be ready. a surprisingly pleasant experience. Will definitely visit again.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
Groveland CA.
Reviewed December 26, 2008

I often stay with Motel 6, but after booking in this one, I saw a number of bad reviews. I was determined to prove them wrong and write a review after I stayed in this particular Motel 6. The price was good and the phone service was excellent. Check in was fine. When I got to the first room I was assigned, the overhead light didn't work. No big deal. But the toilet would not flush. So I got another room (next door). In this room the toilet flushed but the bathroom smelled horrible. The TV remote feel apart in my hand and the TV would not tune in the stations that the one next door did! So, I slept in one and used the bathroom in the other. It worked but it wasn't great.

Stayed December 2008