“It's Motel 6”

Ranked #12 of 12 Hotels in Woodland
Texas
“It's Motel 6”
Reviewed March 20, 2011

We stayed here one night because every place else in the area was more than we wanted to spend on a single night. ( I am not sure why the area is so expensive--seems to be mostly truckers at all the hotel/motels we tried.) I stayed at Motel 6's while I was in college a few times, and this one is better than I remember them being. That said, there was some real grime in the carpet--wear flip flops or something. There was the usual serious wear and tear covered by paint, holes in blankets. We're budget travelers, so we managed okay. For one night. There is a microwave and fridge. No breakfast. Like the clerk said to me, "It's Motel 6."

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Ashland, OR
Reviewed July 6, 2010

All Motel 6’s are not alike. Case in point: this one, and the one just up I-5 in Williams. Nothing horrible here in Woodland, but poor in every respect. Marginal maintenance, musty smell, swaybacked bed, and after completing the check-in I discover that there is no Internet available because they are out of the access cards! Motel 6 in Williams is far better across the board, and the price is exactly the same. (I stayed here this time because of proximity to Sacramento airport, but next time I’ll get up earlier and drive the extra 40 miles!)

Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
Milwaukie, Oregon
Reviewed June 28, 2009

We stayed one night during a road trip with family. Check in was fast. The room was small and clean, Wi Fi for $2.99 (free would have been better) Mattresses were firm. Plenty of restaurants within walking distance and motel is right off of the interstate. The only complaint was that one of the beds in our room was right next to the air conditioning. Also there is only a bar of soap in the bathroom and when I asked for shampoo I was told they don't offer it but that I could buy it out of the vending machine in the lobby.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
Nevada
Reviewed April 25, 2009

Had to stay there a week while waiting for my apartment, seemed clean but when I had to go to the bathroom in the middle of the night, (of course the last night of my five day stay), I saw four cockroaches in the bathroom, I was totally discussed. I have always stayed in Motel 6 because you know what to expect. This was the first time I encountered roaches.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled on business
citrus heights, california
Reviewed April 19, 2009

I visited on April 16, 2009. Was actually given a senior discount, which pleased me immensely. The front office check-in staff (Amit and Meghan) were very professional. At 12 noon check in time, I had to wait less than 10 minutes for my room to be ready. a surprisingly pleasant experience. Will definitely visit again.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
Groveland CA.
Reviewed December 26, 2008

I often stay with Motel 6, but after booking in this one, I saw a number of bad reviews. I was determined to prove them wrong and write a review after I stayed in this particular Motel 6. The price was good and the phone service was excellent. Check in was fine. When I got to the first room I was assigned, the overhead light didn't work. No big deal. But the toilet would not flush. So I got another room (next door). In this room the toilet flushed but the bathroom smelled horrible. The TV remote feel apart in my hand and the TV would not tune in the stations that the one next door did! So, I slept in one and used the bathroom in the other. It worked but it wasn't great.

Stayed December 2008
Washington
Reviewed April 12, 2008

When you first pull up it looks like every single other motel 6 that you would see. The office even has a free wifi banner hanging above it in order to get you to come in. Once you get to your room you realize you made a mistake. The room smells somewhat like smoke even though they told you it is a nonsmoking room, but yet there is an ashtray in your room turned upside down with a no smoking sticker on the back. The bed is definitely pushed up against the heater/air conditioner. There is only free wifi in SOME of the rooms. And my TV made horrible clicking sounds while it was on. I also had two big spiders in my bathroom and proceeded to get two bug bites while in my room. I wanted to leave yet my family in another room talked my husband and i into staying. What a mistake. At about 5:00 in the morning while lying awake I heard somebody try to get into my parents room, but I thought it was one of them. Then I heard somebody at my door put in a key and try to open the door, and I thought it might be my mom. Then I realized they had moved down to the next room to do the same. We were too scared to look out the window so we decided it was time to get up and get out. My parents thought it might be the newspaper they drop off by your door in the morning, but no my husband even heard them trying to open the door. The sound of a key going into your key slot and somebody trying to push open the door is very distinct. You could not pay me a million dollars to stay here again and I thank my lucky stars my two little girls were still asleep.

• Liked — Next to the interstate
  • Disliked — everything else
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank Familyvacayer