“Great food and excellent service!”

El Charro Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #18 of 153 Restaurants in Woodland
Cuisines: Mexican
Florida
“Great food and excellent service!”
Reviewed June 10, 2013 via mobile

What a great find! We went to El Charro with our daughter and son-in-law for dinner and each of us left there commenting on our how delicious it was. They have an extensive menu - with so many dishes we had difficulty choosing. Our daughter's veggie burrito was HUGE and our son-in-law's carne asada filled his plate. My wife's taco salad came with grilled chicken and fresh greens. I had a fish taco and a carne asada tostada. The taco was rather small and the fish was chopped in tiny pieces but the tostada was tasty. The salsa was flavorful and spicy but rather thin. To top it off they have a full bar and the beer comes in gigantic mugs. Very attentive and friendly service. Our server (sorry I didn't get his name) was especially jovial and welcoming. We'll be back!

Visited June 2013
1 Thank Sungroupie

Fort Bragg, California
“El Charro, Our Favorite Place in Woodland”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Breakfast, lunch or dinner, we love El Charro in Woodland, CA. Authentic Mexican cuisine in a charming environment that reminds me of California Mexican ambience of a bygone era. Generous portions that are reasonably priced. The staff is warm and friendly. This has become our usual stop whenever we are in Woodland.

• Visited April 2013
Rancho Cordova, California
“Great food for the family”
Reviewed November 1, 2012

We stopped here when Hubby and I took the grandkids to a show at the Old Opera HOuse in Woodland. It was family friendly, clean and had authentic food at great prices !! We will be eating here again when in the Woodlnad area !!

• Visited October 2012
Winters, California
“Yummmmm!”
Reviewed August 10, 2012

Great service, great food, great architecture, loved it. The food was as good as any restaurant of this style I've ever been to, at a very fare price. Bar area, with a great family feel atmosphere.

Visited August 2012
Moreno Valley, California
“Precisely the Mexican breakfast I wanted to spice up my day!”
Reviewed June 21, 2012

Placed in the inviting historic setting of old Downtown Woodland, El Charro provided exactly the kind of 'zip' I was looking for to start my day. The friendly staff was quite amenable to modifying the menu slightly to provide precisely the kind of traditional huevos rancheros I wanted. Topped with their interesting picante salsa, I ended up taking my time. The manager came out to ask how the food was and if I would be coming back. Of course, I promised. Parking is on the street or in nearby lots. The rest rooms were quite clean.

The decor was very much ranchero style with brick walls, leather seats and rough-lumber, tiled tables. All other patrons seemed friendly and enjoying the food and atmosphere. Bottom line, its worth it to pull off boring Interstate 5 to take a meal at El Charro in the old part of Downtown. I highly recommend the food and service.

• Visited June 2012