“Friendly atmosphere, good value.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Mount-N-Lake Motel

Mount-N-Lake Motel
Neston, United Kingdom
“Friendly atmosphere, good value.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2012

This is the first season for the very friendly and enthusiastic new owner who is restoring the place after a few years of disuse.
The location is great, close to Lake Isabella but quiet, a block off the main road and overlooking a park through trees.
It is traditional old style motel with parking outside the door. The equipment in the kitchens is a bit old, but the kitchens are well equipped and the rooms are very clean. I am sure this Motel will be improved further as time goes on and with the friendly atmosphere I found it a great, good value place to stay.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Colchester, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

I'm sorry to say that the previous reviews must be relating to a different motel. Or else they are spurious. After driving over 500 miles to get here we were less than impressed with the room. We were met by a man who was acting for the owners who were away for the day. In the first room we were given, the bed was full of dogs hairs. At that point I wanted to leave. My husband asked for another room. The bed here looked somwhat cleaner so we decided to stay. However, the "kitchenette" contains no means of making even a hot drink: no kettle, mugs or cutlery - not even a refrigerator or ice. The only utilities are an aged hob and a sink. The water appears to get no hotter than tepid. Despite a lick of paint the whole thing is very tired. And coffee and donuts nowhere to be seen!

Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank BeylRead

Travelers are raving about these Wofford Heights hotels

Venezia, Italia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2012

We stayed one night at this Motel. An oasis of tranquility. Room spacious, clean and equipped with a small kitchen. The Wifi works fine. Hot coffee in the morning and is ideally situated for visiting the Sequoia National Forest. But I would recommend it especially for the hospitality of the new owners that make you feel at home. Thanks for the great hospitality J & J. Albert and Emilia from Italy

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Rosamond, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2012

I highly recommend the Mount N Lake Motel in Wofford Heights CA. Wofford heights is a quiet little town on Isabella Lake, near Sequoia National Forest. The motel has been recently purchased by a young couple. It is an older motel, and not fancy, but we found it to be immaculately clean and neat. Even my wife was impressed, and she is something of a fanatic on cleanliness. I have travelled quite a bit on business, and the bed was as comfortable as any I’ve had in a major chain hotel. But the primary reason for my recommendation is the attitude of the owners. We stayed there recently for the first time, and arrived after 10 PM. The only nearby restaurant had just closed, and (since we had driven in through the Sequoia National Forest) we had not passed any places to eat on our way in. The owners were very understanding, and offered to make us a couple of sandwiches. Half an hour later, they brought it to our door. When I offered to pay them for it, they refused. Having already proven the sincerity of their words by their actions, they said “When you stay with us, you are family. This we do for family.” The next morning, they had coffee and doughnuts in the office. We spoke with the husband and he told us that they had bought the motel about a year earlier, and that their whole family, including their kids, had helped them clean and repaint every room. They are a Christian couple, living their faith and the American dream. They should be encouraged in both.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Michael F
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2012 via mobile

This place is wonderful.the bed is confortable and relaxing.the view is beatiful and the lake is just a minute away by walking. I will surely come next time.

• Stayed June 2011
carson cal.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2012

wow !! what a nice vacation that me and family had this time .we stayed in this motel and totaly different thant all those bad coments are. we spend two nights and one day .the personals were very nice and helpful,the rooms very clean the shower has hot water...i love hot water my kids too.! at daytime was very hot out there but not problems ..they had nice and cold air condition. i guess all those bad coments were because the owner before. i will highly recomend to all those people who had a bad expirence in this motel to go and give them a second chance .and you guys will be happy 100%.

Room Tip: may be they need to have swimming pool to have more fun because we coud not get wet in the lake or r...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Fresno, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2012

I had a chance to stay in MOUNT N"LAKE MOTEL last year in April2011.It was relatively less expensive and so I opted for this. The Manager Lady was very nice at the time of check in.I paid cash and was given room # 3.After going in to the room,I found that it was a wrong choice.It was no btter than a rat hole.I complained to the lady and requested for the refund.To my surprise,the behaviour of the lady was completely changed as if she was not the same person.Very rude and unprofessional.
In the month of February 2012,i Had another chance to visit the area.Unfortunately or fortunately it was little late in the nighnt.At the Gas station,I was told that all the Motels in that area close at 10.PM.It was 11PM. I asked the Gas station attendant if i had any option.Th my great surprise I was told that the only on Motel open 24 hours wasMOUNT N" LAKE MOTEL.When I shared my bad experience last year with the Gas station attendant,I was told that this motel has new owners.Having no other choice,I decided to get it another try.After reaching there was greeted very nicely and professionally by the Lady who was different than the last time.Out of curiosity I requested for room #3 (which I had last time)This time the room was very nice clean every thing in place like soap,towels etc.There were coffee and donuts in the office.I was very happy. WHAT A DIFFERENCE A FEW MONTHS MAKE.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
Corral Creek Resort
Corral Creek Resort
#1 of 3 in Kernville
4.5 of 5 stars 46 reviews

Been to Mount-N-Lake Motel? Share your experiences!