“Excellent food, great service”

Buckhorn Steak and Roadhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Buckhorn Steak and Roadhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 19 Restaurants in Winters
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Railroad Ave.
Woodland, CA
“Excellent food, great service”
Reviewed July 13, 2014 via mobile

It has been several years since we visited the Buckhorn. I had the buck cut prime rib, my wife had the fillet. We also enjoyed a glass of their red blend and the spinach artichoke appetizer. Everything was excellent and the waiter was very knowledgable about the menu ( I hate it when the waiter/waitress can't answer basic questions about the menu). Be sure to phone early for dinner reservations. My only complaint is that it is on the noisy side. If the objective is a romantic quiet dinner, I would go elsewhere. Otherwise the Buckhorn is an excellent choice.

Visited June 2014

“Good steakhouse ”
Reviewed July 6, 2014 via mobile

Warm and friendly service, comfortable dining room and outdoor area (no need to dress up). Extensive menu with great range of steak. My steak was cooked a perfect medium rare and all the sides were adequate. Portions very large and value for money.
A great place to kill that steak craving :)

Iowa City, Iowa
“The food is overpriced”
Reviewed July 2, 2014

This restaurant has a lovely atmosphere and good service. I just think the food is overpriced and to be honest, I'm not a big fan of any of their menu items and I've tried several.

Visited June 2014
“Touristy but excellent just the same”
Reviewed June 30, 2014

My family went for a graduation dinner and all 5 of us had excellent meals. Seared elk, shrimp scampi, combo plate (steak, ribs & shrimp) was all wonderful. Large portions at a reasonable price. Great service. The waiter was always checking on us in spite of the fact that it was packed. He found out we were celebrating a graduation and although we told him we couldn't eat another bite, he brought two Mud Pies on the house which we managed to finish.

The bar scene and outdoor seating area is also great!

• Visited June 2014
“4th visit and still yummylicious”
Reviewed June 6, 2014 via mobile

4th time visit in Buckhorn. Always a pleasure eating in this restaurant. We got Amy, she is awesome very attentive excellent service :) food is always great tonight for the 2nd time we ordered bone in rib eye 45oz steak OMG yes its a pleasure and delicious. Great wine selection.