“Perfect Dining Experience”

Buckhorn Steak and Roadhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Buckhorn Steak and Roadhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 20 Restaurants in Winters
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Railroad Ave.
Reviewed May 17, 2014

After a day-trip from Lincoln to San Francisco for my dear Uncle's 80th Birthday, we wound up with a special dinner celebration at the Buckhorn. This is not to be confused with the various Buckhorn Grills in the vicinity. THIS is the real deal! From the moment we walked in the door (even without reservations) the service was exemplary. The booths are large. We had four adults and 2 children and were comfortably seated. Our waiter was wonderful, and explained the menu selections in detail, making excellent suggestions for children and adults, alike. When I complimented his knowledge of the cuts of meat, he explained the long training process that each employee goes through to educate them on that very thing. (My father was a butcher, so I know that he knew what he was talking about.) he told us about Joe, The Butcher, who trains everyone, as well as the history of the restaurant building. He managed to do all of this without being intrusive on our Birthday Celebration! In all, though we were wet, tired and grumpy when we arrived, we left full, satisfied, happy (and speaking to each other). The next day, we all (from 8 years old to 80 years old) commented on what a wonderful 80th Birthday Celebration the Buckhorn had been.

Reviewed May 8, 2014

We came here from Oklahoma for my son's wedding and we chose the Buckhorn to hold the rehearsal dinner. Having never been here, I had to rely on recommendations from other people who had dined here for years and I must say it was the perfect choice. Every bite of food from the appetizers to the desserts was exceptional. The prime rib and char roasted sirloin was outstanding, cooked to perfection and so was the salmon. If you are looking for a place to have a celebration, they have a beautiful private room in the back that will accommodate whatever you need, complete with your own wait staff. I cannot recommend this place highly enough ! Exceptional food, professional wait staff and great ambiance is what the Buckhorn provides, and cannot wait to return !

Reviewed April 29, 2014

I have been to this place many times and have never been disappointed. The food is exceptional and I look forward to the grilled artichokes with tarragon aioli which to me is an amazing appetizer. My steak was cooked just right as always. I would suggest you make a reservation because I have never been to the Buckhorn when it wasn't slammed. Our reservation was for 7 pm and we were seated just after 7.

Reviewed April 2, 2014

My wife and I went to the Buckhorn with some friends last weekend...everyone had a terrific meal! Needless to say, we all had red meat. Mine was the elk (raised in New Zealand, I'm told). It was knock your socks off delicious! Probably one of the best cuts of red meat I've had anywhere (ranks right up there with steak in Hamburg, Germany, or the steak in Florence, Italy!) My friend had the seared sirloin, I think, and his was delicious and cooked to perfection. The service was impeccable, and all the goodies you get with your meal were outstanding as well. Superb evening...well done to the staff and Buckhorn Steak and Roadhouse.

Reviewed March 19, 2014

We've been coming to the Buckhorn restaurant for about 30+ years. The food is always excellent. So is the wait staff. Always fresh salads. Steaks and prime rib done perfectly and no rush. Will be going back for many years more.