“Two day stay to go to Mexico.”

Quechan Casino Resort
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Winterhaven
Reviewed February 8, 2013 via mobile

We had a smoking room which we did not, but they did such a good job cleaning that we could not tell it was a smoking room. We enjoyed the room. Card were not kind. We stay their because it was close to Mexico and our player card some money.

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank Derleh

Reviewed February 8, 2013

My parents and I enjoyed this hotel property. The staff were very helpful - we stayed on the ground floor which made it very easy to park near a back door to enter from our car ( with room key access) The restaurant served a very nice breakfast and it was reasonable. The casino though small was adequate but somewhat smoky. The beds were super comfortable and the room was very clean. Great location not far from the Yuma Prison.( a must see!)

Room Tip: Our first floor room was well away from the elevator and very quiet - the ice and vending machines a...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank mara4_12
Reviewed January 28, 2013

I was pleasantly surprised when we arrived and checked into our room. The room was nice sized and very clean. Our room was on the 4th floor and looked out over the pool area. The
beds were very comfortable and the hotel was very quiet. The restaurants in the casino are very good and made dining easier. We had a few drinks in the bar area and there was a live band and the drinks were very good. I would recommend the Bloody Marys. They have a very large pool with a lazy river to float on. I booked the hotel online during the 4th of July weekend and still got a very good price.

Room Tip: Our room faced the north and looked out over the pool area.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank pjdoll
Reviewed January 28, 2013

This was my first stay at the Quechan Casino. We chose this location to celebrate my mother's 80th birthday as it was central enough to meet at. Overall experience was good. The restaurants and bars offer a descent menu for all meals. The Ironwood steakhouse die a great job of accomodation our party of 10.
The pool area is very large and easy to set-up "camp" for an afternoon to enjoy the sunshine.
The only issue was the amount of smoke in the casino area. I know it's typical, but it was difficult to escape. If you stay at the hotel, remember to ask for a room on the upper floors (not the first floor) so that you can escape the casino smoke. The first floor is connected directly to the casino and by midnight it makes its way under your door.
Good job by the staff for accomodating our group. We will stay again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on floor 2 or higher to escape the Casino smoke.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank vacay-indy
Reviewed January 23, 2013

This was the first time at this hotel and we were not disappointed. This is not a highend hotel but we found the accommodations were nice. The room was very clean, bed was comfortable, complimentary bottled water and free wifi. I am a non smoker and I didn't notice casino floor real smoky as several previous comments stated. We ate several times in restaurants and food was good, service was outstanding. My only complaint would be the lighting in the bathroom sink area was very poor, difficult to see to get ready in morning. We would stay here again if in this area.

Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Trudyinrc
Reviewed January 3, 2013

The rooms are well appointed but look a little tired. Nice view from my room of the pool very beautiful pool area. The casino is very nicely decorated and the staff were very accommodating. Just a few minor problems. One of my towels had make-up on it. Looked as if the maid may have rubbed it on her cheek when putting the towel on the rack. Bath tub did not drain properly. The lighting over the sink is awful for putting on make-up though I did appreciate the mounted make-up mirror. Again staff was very nice.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank skayc
Reviewed December 26, 2012

This was the 3rd time we have stayed at this hotel, and the stay itself was okay, but there were 2 things that will prevent my ever staying there again.
The first thing is that it was VERY smoky in and around the casino, far worse than what you would normally expect of a casino.
The second, and most important thing, is that they took an extra $100 out of my checking account as a deposit, along with the room charge, and have yet to return that money to my account. It has been nearly 3 weeks, and I've been told repeatedly by them that they already released it to my bank, but my bank has received nothing from them. Next stop BBB.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
9  Thank ijustdontknow
Also consider these accommodations in or near Winterhaven
Best Western InnSuites Yuma Mall Hotel & Suites
Hacienda Los Algodones
Hacienda Los Algodones
#1 of 2 in Los Algodones
Wingate by Wyndham Yuma

Been to Quechan Casino Resort? Share your experiences!