“Enjoyed our stay”

Quechan Casino Resort
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Winterhaven
Reviewed January 30, 2012

A very nice small resort casino. A good value for the money. Service was great. Restaurants were adequate. No food or drink service around pool unfortunately. Go, relax and enjoy.

• Stayed: January 2012

Reviewed January 4, 2012

My wife and I are both disabled. We called to make our reservation on December 28th or 29th for a room on the ground floor for Jan. 4th. We were told that this is what we would get with a conformation #. Go to check in at 5PM and all the reservations that we thought we made didn't happen. We got stuck in room #409. Go figure. Guess what, I'll never stay there again and there's plenty of Casino/Resorts to be had.

Room Tip: Don't leave before you find out where they are going to put you.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Ken M
Reviewed December 9, 2011

Stayed 2 nights here and enjoyed the stay. Rooms clean and large. Buffet was good. Prices quite reasonable.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Gatekeeper9939
Reviewed November 7, 2011

Stayed overnight so four of us could get dental work done in Algodones. Quechan Casino served our needs just fine. We received a lower rate by checking rates as the date got closer and saved ourselves $10/room. Joined the Q Club and received $10 free play at machines.
Good recommendation to ask for rooms overlooking the lovely pool area. A/C was quiet, beds ok, rooms clean. Ate at the Buffet for dinner and again for breakfast. Food was satisfactory, not fabulous, but ok. No baron of roast beef, but turkey carving looked good.
Sandwiches from food court/deli were very good, $4.50 for a thick turkey on whole wheat.
No problems with staff, especially when we asked for a late check-out of 12 Noon.

Room Tip: Take a swimsuit to enjoy the inner tubes rafting around pool area.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank krbPalmDesert_CA
Reviewed November 6, 2011

This hotel was recommended by a friend of mine as we were visiting Los Algondones to get some dental work done on my son and reading sun glasses for my husband. The hotel is only a few years old and found it very accomodating. The rooms were nice and clean but some of the rooms safes are not functional so if you want a working safe make sure to specify that you want a working one. The pool area was very nice. The casino is big enough but if you aren't doing well there really isn't any place else to go. The food in the buffet for breakfast was ok. The little food court had some nice choices and we did eat their a couple times. If you are driving to the border by Alogondones it's only about a 3-4 minute drive to the parking lot then you walk across the border. The staff at the hotel were friendly. We would stay there again.

Room Tip: just ask for a room with a few of the pool otherwise you will get a view of the street and desert. T...
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank packy2
Reviewed October 14, 2011

I recently stayed at the hotel. I attempted to check in at 1 pm. The front desk agent refused to check me in without checking to see if the room was available. I know check in is at 3 pm. This was a Wednesday night and Im sure the hotel was not full the prior night. I work as a concierge at a hotel in San Diego and we always check guest in early if the room is available. By doing this the guest spend time at the pool purchasing drinks, food ect. As a reult of not being allowed to check in I left the hotel and went to a establishment in town for lunch and visited another competing casino in the area. I explained this to the young lady at the front desk. She said she would make a note in the computer and notify her supervisor. I think the proper way to handle this would have been to notify the supervisor immediatly so my concerns could be relayed directly to the supervisor. As a concierge I recomend hotels to guest traveling to Arizona. My thoughts of this hotel are in question on how the guest are treated before the 3 pm check in time.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Richard P
Reviewed October 10, 2011

This facility is fairly new, attractive, and in good repair. BUT...

The most unfriendly staff I think I've ever seen. I asked for an early check-in and was refused (even though, judging by the parking lot, the property was practically empty). We had to beg for an audience with a server in the buffet to get beverages. Even the player's club staff was unfriendly. Every place I looked there were employees talking among themselves (not doing their jobs or talking to guests).

To be fair, the room was nice, clean, and quiet, all of which are important. Free wi-fi, which is also important. Although I didn't use the pool, it looked spectacular. If they would just get decent staff, this place would have it all.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank rjhoward
Also consider these accommodations in or near Winterhaven
Best Western InnSuites Yuma Mall Hotel & Suites
Radisson Hotel Yuma
Radisson Hotel Yuma
#2 of 33 in Yuma
Howard Johnson Inn Yuma

Been to Quechan Casino Resort? Share your experiences!