“dental visit to Los Algondones”

and 1 more site!
Quechan Casino Resort
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Winterhaven
Long Beach, California
“dental visit to Los Algondones”
Reviewed November 6, 2011

This hotel was recommended by a friend of mine as we were visiting Los Algondones to get some dental work done on my son and reading sun glasses for my husband. The hotel is only a few years old and found it very accomodating. The rooms were nice and clean but some of the rooms safes are not functional so if you want a working safe make sure to specify that you want a working one. The pool area was very nice. The casino is big enough but if you aren't doing well there really isn't any place else to go. The food in the buffet for breakfast was ok. The little food court had some nice choices and we did eat their a couple times. If you are driving to the border by Alogondones it's only about a 3-4 minute drive to the parking lot then you walk across the border. The staff at the hotel were friendly. We would stay there again.

Room Tip: just ask for a room with a few of the pool otherwise you will get a view of the street and desert. T...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank packy2

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
Imperial Beach, California
Reviewed October 14, 2011

I recently stayed at the hotel. I attempted to check in at 1 pm. The front desk agent refused to check me in without checking to see if the room was available. I know check in is at 3 pm. This was a Wednesday night and Im sure the hotel was not full the prior night. I work as a concierge at a hotel in San Diego and we always check guest in early if the room is available. By doing this the guest spend time at the pool purchasing drinks, food ect. As a reult of not being allowed to check in I left the hotel and went to a establishment in town for lunch and visited another competing casino in the area. I explained this to the young lady at the front desk. She said she would make a note in the computer and notify her supervisor. I think the proper way to handle this would have been to notify the supervisor immediatly so my concerns could be relayed directly to the supervisor. As a concierge I recomend hotels to guest traveling to Arizona. My thoughts of this hotel are in question on how the guest are treated before the 3 pm check in time.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Richard P
Dhs, California
Reviewed October 10, 2011

This facility is fairly new, attractive, and in good repair. BUT...

The most unfriendly staff I think I've ever seen. I asked for an early check-in and was refused (even though, judging by the parking lot, the property was practically empty). We had to beg for an audience with a server in the buffet to get beverages. Even the player's club staff was unfriendly. Every place I looked there were employees talking among themselves (not doing their jobs or talking to guests).

To be fair, the room was nice, clean, and quiet, all of which are important. Free wi-fi, which is also important. Although I didn't use the pool, it looked spectacular. If they would just get decent staff, this place would have it all.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
4 Thank rjhoward
California
Reviewed September 22, 2011

Our one night at the Quechan Casino Resort was tolerable. Check-in was quick and friendly, and I liked that they didn't make you walk through the entire casino to get to registration. Things went downhill from there. Entering our room, we were greeted by a foul smell. The room was dusty. Plenty of hot water was available, but the tap water was so foul that it was undrinkable. For a new hotel, the beds were surprisingly lumpy. But, we did sleep. As for dining, we checked out the buffet, but it was more like a high school cafeteria, so we didn't eat there. In the morning we had breakfast at the Sidewinders cafe. Service was friendly, but the food was mediocre.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank guyinca
Scottsdale, Arizona
Reviewed September 13, 2011

My self and colleague had a few meetings in Yuma so we decided to stay to at the new Casino. Let me explain why, I lived in the Yuma area briefly as a teenager and didn't want to end up in a bad part of town, and I had heard good things about the "new" casino from family. I agree with another review, it is very run down for being so new. The furniture looked very beat up, personally it's a little overpriced for the hotel room quality. However Valet is always a winner in my book, and the lazy river pool, was very nice. The Brunch buffet was tasty. I might be inclined to stay there again if I were there on business, but for my own leisure I’m still undecided.

Room Tip: get a players club card before checking in, they lower your rates.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank Sonrisa84v
Yuma
Reviewed September 12, 2011

Litterally everything was in its place. The staff were all friendly, the food at the Ironwood was great and the band was awesome as well. Plenty to do and the room was under $100. I will go back. The only downside is they allow smoking in the hotel.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Txwelder
tucson
Reviewed September 10, 2011

my wife and i stayed at the resort sept 8 ,2010 for one night , what unfriendly people at the front desk and also the hotel operators , plus the hotel is really run down already for being so new, the rooms were not very clean, the a/c did not work , but i admit the maintance crew came right up and put a new one in with in minutes, but the front desk was very nasty about getting some one to come. the fitness center the tv did not work , missing parts on equipment, since the indian tribe took back the resort it has gone down hill as far as cleanliness and politeness towards customers, we went there a lot when it first opened , what a differance. only good thing was the food, but we will not traval 3 1/2 hours to go there again,

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank kenneth s

Travelers are raving about these Winterhaven hotels

Also consider these accommodations in or near Winterhaven
Best Western InnSuites Yuma Mall Hotel & Suites
Wingate by Wyndham Yuma
Radisson Hotel Yuma
Radisson Hotel Yuma
#2 of 33 in Yuma

Been to Quechan Casino Resort? Share your experiences!