“quiet place to relax”
Review of WorldMark Windsor

WorldMark Windsor
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed March 15, 2008

We had a great stay here over Barrel weekend. We drove up from SF on Saturday, stoped at a few wineries and stopped in to see if our room might be ready early (1pm). It was...yeaah.

We got a 2 bedroom unit on the corner, building 8. the resort was fairly busy with many of the parking spaces filled. the pools were heated and in use for most of the day.

Each unit is started with needed supplies to start the week. dirty towels and sheets can be exchanged daily from 8 to 6 at the turn-in point.

Each building has an outside elevator and 2 stairways leading up. They are laid out in a semi horseshoe and each has a balcony wiht a grill and table.

unit amenities are a small stackabel waher and dryer as well as ironing board. there are small hairdryers in each bathroom but its recommend to bring the one you like to use.

The staff is quite friendly and helpful. they offer a business center with internet access as well as maps and cards for area wineries and eateries.

Just a note, on Monday the place was empty as most folks only use the resort Fri-Sun.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled with friends
2  Thank NhDennis
There are newer reviews for WorldMark Windsor

Reviewed February 18, 2008

Just returned from a 4 day stay at the Worldmark Windsor. The room was very nice and clean. The complex very nice and clean. Windsor is a quaint town with some nice restaurants and shops. Easy to get to from San Fransisco airport. Great wineries in the area with Napa, the coast and redwoods an hour or less away. Would definitely return if going back to Napa.

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled with friends
2  Thank decoratingplus
Reviewed April 4, 2007

Loved It!

We have only good things to say about the Worldmark Sonoma County Resort in Windsor.
The resort is easy to find and not too far from SF and Oakland airports. The location and rooms were beautiful. The stay was peaceful. The town of Windsor is very quaint. This was a great location from which to explore Napa Valley, Bodega Bay, Russian River Valley, and Calistoga. We would definately stay again!

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled with friends
7  Thank ERIKVERO
Reviewed April 1, 2007

We stayed at the property in early December - very quiet time. We had a 2 bedroom on the ground level - easy access to parking. It was too cold for pool, but no time as we spent most of the time with our family in Windsor.

The rate was so low, I was afraid of what we might be getting into. The rate was lower than an hotel in the area and had more amentities.

I looked at availability for this Summer - good luck! It appears we stayed there at a slow time, but glad we know it is there for future trips.

We did have problems with the furnace - one bedroom was freezing, while the rest of the unit was so hot. The second bedroom was supposed to be 1 queen, but had 2 singles. The front desk couldn't do anything about this.

Some noise in the am in the parking lot, but bearable. I will note that there is not a lof of "service". If you are looking for room service, maid service, maint., etc. - this is not your place.

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled with family
3  Thank Alalla
Reviewed March 22, 2007

We only stayed two nights at this property. Wish it could have been more.

Really nice two bedroom, two bath condo unit. Nicely furnished, clean and well equipped.

The only complaint was not enough hot water. Only one hot water heater (40 gal. capacity?) to serve both bathrooms. We have the same problem at home, so I guess I shouldn't complain.

Enjoy your stay. We will return as we have family living in the area and this location is ideal for us.

• Stayed: March 2007, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Parroquia
Reviewed February 12, 2007

We stayed here on an exchange and got a 2 BR unit. I was with my children (ages 1 and 3). I really liked the kitchen, it even had some things I don't have at home. We made good use of the washer and dryer in the unit. I was glad to have the internet/computer room to use to keep up with some things.

Some things that weren't so good are:
1. The lack of parking. It started at check-in and was a minor problem the whole week. When unloading our things I had to park on the other side of the resort because all the spaces by my building were full. The situation was especially bad in the later afternoon/evening when everyone was back from their day. I tried to make sure I finished whatever I was doing that day so I could get back in time to get a spot.

2. Lack of any resort activities. We were there 7 nights and the only activity on site the whole week was a wine tasting on Friday evening. I guess they figure there's so much to do in the area that they don't have to plan anything on the premises.

3. Guests are responsible for trash removal from their units. I had to make many trips down to the dumpster myself. Not very fun to lift the heavy lid while trying to keep from touching anything.

Along those lines guests have to go to the housekeeping building to pick up clean towels, extra garbage bags, etc.....And they're only open certain hours

We DID enjoy the shallow kids pool. Most places don't have something for the little ones to go in before they learn to swim.
There was also a nice little playground that the kids had fun with.
There was a ping-pong table but you had to buy your own ball to play with from the machine.

Had a nice time overall.

Stayed: May 2006
6  Thank Linea35
Reviewed January 21, 2007

Just returned from a week in Windsor CA--at the World Mark Windsor. We had a 3 bedroom 3rd floor unit that was lovely. The decor was muted, not overly stated...it was fine for us. As a previous poster mentioned, the carpet was not the cleanest but it did not take away from our overall experience.

The kitchen was spacious and I was impressed with the supply of basic spices that were provided...I have not experienced this in a time share before and have always had to purchase what ever I needed to cook with. Each unit has a gas grill on the balcony that is a plus in my opinion--I cook most of my meals out on our grill at home when time/weather allows.

Two pools, several whirlpools...didn't use them, too cold for me! But the whirlpool that was visible from our unit was in use almost every night by other guests, and it was cold at night!

The location was excellent!!! 5 stars ...In the middle of Northern Sonoma County wine country. 10 15 minutes to Geyserville, Healdsburg, Santa Rosa...the location is far enough north to make a trip over the mountains to northern Napa easy and quick.

I would recommend this to anyone looking for accommodations in the entire Napa/Sonoma region. It is the 3rd time in the area for us and we were extremely happy with the location and the property.

• Stayed: January 2007, traveled with family
6  Thank kkd555
Also consider these accommodations in or near Windsor
Hampton Inn & Suites Windsor - Sonoma Wine Country
Vintners Inn
Vintners Inn
#2 of 25 in Santa Rosa
Best Western Dry Creek Inn

Been to WorldMark Windsor? Share your experiences!