“Wonderful experience”

KIN Windsor
Ranked #4 of 57 Restaurants in Windsor
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Description: KIN"s warm and comfortable interior design provides the feel of a modern family dining room, while the menu is focused around the season's best offerings providing delicious offerings very every craving. We are committed to bringing you a great mix of comfort food along with some innovative new flavors while using only the best ingredients for you and your childrens meals.
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
“Wonderful experience”
Reviewed December 10, 2012

We recently made our first trip to Windsor. We asked for recommendations as to a casual dinner spot -- Kin was one of the places mentioned. We are certainly glad to have followed through. It lends itself to casual -- both the amenities and the menu. We had their date bruschetta for an appetizer; it was very good. Our entrees were good .. the service - and server - were excellent. And, we very much enjoyed visiting with one of the owners to learn more about the restaurant - it's 'history' - and the plans they have for their future. Our advice: check it out!

• Visited November 2012

Austin, Texas
“Wedding rehearsal dinner held here, very busy on a Friday night but service was excellent considering”
Reviewed October 15, 2012

Only thing wrong was the patrons needing to use the rest room had to walk through the room we were holding this wedding rehearsal dinner in and I'm sure it was awkward for those people.

Visited October 2012
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Great spin on comfort food”
Reviewed October 5, 2012

Nice location in central Windsor. They have a great selection of artisan pizzas and a nice wine list. The service was great!

Visited September 2012
Santa Rosa, California
“I want my time and money back!!!”
Reviewed October 1, 2012

Worst Sonoma County meal I've had. I'm not too picky, don't usually complain, but Whoa!!! Started off with the artichoke dip. SOOO peppery we could not eat it. Cheese tasted rotten or something. The bread was said to be "fresh" and it was very stale. Did we get credited for that? No! Then the Mac N cheese with bacon... had absolutely NO taste and ZERO bacon. A bowl of noodles and tasteless cheese sauce for $14? Had to ask for bacon and that didn't help it because it was tough and chewy chunks. In all honesty Kraft is much better. I had the Kin Burger. The house made BBQ sauce was super salty and no sweet. Simply gross. The Onion roll was dry and stale. The "cheese" on the hamburger was the thinnest slice we'd ever seen possible. Paper thin and therefore no flavor. the burger was SUPER dry but add in a tsp of salt "BBQ" sauce and the huge dry onion roll and its VERY DRY. I was able to choke down 3 bites and then tried it without the roll, no help. Wasted 3/4 of a burger. My partner has fries and the french dip which were lacking to say the least. The Au jus was just extremely salty broth. To top it off the soda was watered down. Everything is excessively priced. Denny's is likely better. But for the quality it should be much cheaper. Still wouldn't eat it:) On a good note, the sweet potato tots were fairly good, but for $6 they need an aioli or something. I would rate the service as great, but when you have to send food back and they offer to credit you...poor form. Additionally, we had to immediately run to the restroom after eating do to something we ate. I cannot figure out how these folks are in business. I feel like we were robbed.

Visited September 2012
healdsburg
“Always Great”
Reviewed September 9, 2012

We love Kin. The service fast, friendly and professional. My favorite entree is Grandma's pot roast. They also have a wonderful gluten free menu and a huge microbrew beer selection. One of our favorites in the town green. We even celebrated my wifes birthdat with family out on the patio.

• Visited August 2012