“Make a reservation!”

Sonoma - Cutrer Vineyards Inc
Ranked #2 of 24 things to do in Windsor
More attraction details
Owner description: One of the iconic Chardonnay and Pinot Noir Vineyards and wineries in the Russian River Valley. Founded in 1973 and opened to the public in 2010.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access
Reviewed May 17, 2012

This was our favorite winery! The Chardonnays are excellent. You need a reservation for tasting, but it is well worth putting it on your schedule. Mark took his time with us, giving us great information about aging, the different types of barrels, etc. The tasting is done sitting down, at your own table. It really gives you a chance to relax & enjoy the wines!

2  Thank Island04

Reviewed May 15, 2012

This is a great winery and a beautiful setting. I have brought friends here and they are amazed at the setting, the Chardonnays and Pinot Noirs and the croquet. An idyllic setting.

Reviewed February 18, 2012

This is a very nice winery with a rare sit down, hosted
wine flight tasting. Great wines!

Reviewed August 24, 2011

This experience was out of the ordinary because I never planned on going there, and I plan everything! This was a favorite wine of a dear friend that passed, it's hard to find in Washington state, so when I found myself staying only 3 miles away from the vineyard, I decided to stop in. This sign out front clearly stated "by appointment only", but I had to try. Margaret was busy taking care of a couple other groups that had made tasting appointments, but when I asked her if I could please just buy a bottle on the premises to toast my dear friend, she told me to please "have a seat." My traveling companion & I waited inside for only a short time when we were pleasantly handed two glasses of the most delicious wine on the planet. We were treated like royalty and stayed for nearly 3 hours tasting and talking about all the wonderful wines they made at Sonoma-Cutrer. The grounds are so lovely, out front the croquet grass was perfectly manicured & the rolling hills of vines made for a beautiful backdrop. Margaret was so gracious & lovely, if not for her kindness, I may never have had this experience with a vineyard. After saying our good-bye's we decided to try a couple other wineries in the area, but after feeling their pretentious overtones & lack of character, we decided to go for tacos at Estrellas market. If you want to try wine tasting without all the fussy-high faluting- snobbery, make an APPOINTMENT for tasting at Sonoma Cutrer, they are really excellent at what they do, and they do it with a smile. Then, go to Estrellas & buy the tacos off the grill from outside, it's a the perfect way to end the day.

5  Thank Laurie C