“Gorgeous Vineyard, excellent staff, you won't be disappointed” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sonoma - Cutrer Vineyards Inc

Sonoma - Cutrer Vineyards Inc
Ranked #3 of 23 things to do in Windsor
More attraction details
Owner description: One of the iconic Chardonnay Vineyards and wineries in the Russian River Valley
Useful Information: Wheelchair access
Yelm, Washington
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 48 helpful votes
“Gorgeous Vineyard, excellent staff, you won't be disappointed”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2011

This experience was out of the ordinary because I never planned on going there, and I plan everything! This was a favorite wine of a dear friend that passed, it's hard to find in Washington state, so when I found myself staying only 3 miles away from the vineyard, I decided to stop in. This sign out front clearly stated "by appointment only", but I had to try. Margaret was busy taking care of a couple other groups that had made tasting appointments, but when I asked her if I could please just buy a bottle on the premises to toast my dear friend, she told me to please "have a seat." My traveling companion & I waited inside for only a short time when we were pleasantly handed two glasses of the most delicious wine on the planet. We were treated like royalty and stayed for nearly 3 hours tasting and talking about all the wonderful wines they made at Sonoma-Cutrer. The grounds are so lovely, out front the croquet grass was perfectly manicured & the rolling hills of vines made for a beautiful backdrop. Margaret was so gracious & lovely, if not for her kindness, I may never have had this experience with a vineyard. After saying our good-bye's we decided to try a couple other wineries in the area, but after feeling their pretentious overtones & lack of character, we decided to go for tacos at Estrellas market. If you want to try wine tasting without all the fussy-high faluting- snobbery, make an APPOINTMENT for tasting at Sonoma Cutrer, they are really excellent at what they do, and they do it with a smile. Then, go to Estrellas & buy the tacos off the grill from outside, it's a the perfect way to end the day.

Visited July 2011