All reviews wine country complimentary breakfast easy access santa rosa breakfast area nice pool area convenient location clean rooms nice breakfast great place to stay would definitely stay here again cookies very nice hotel minute drive fitness center dry creek front desk staff
Reviewed April 1, 2013

My wife and I have stayed here twice for weekend jaunts and we we're pretty satisfied with our experiences. This hotel seems like a good base camp for forays into various areas of Sonoma. Our particular destination for both times has been Healdsburg (10 minutes away from d-town H.burg) and it's wonderful shopping/dining destinations. I used a combination of Hilton loyalty program member points and pre-pay $ to book the room to keep costs down to a minimum.

Check-ins were very pleasant and prompt. Thought not a luxury property (Not nestled in some foothill vineyard but a shopping area) it's hard to beat for sheer convenience. It's very close to the highway. Nice spacious rooms and suites. There's a pool and hot tub, a pretty nice fitness room by most hotel standards with actual no-rusting free-weights (Finally!), the beds were very nice with a decent level of support. Breakfasts were adequate but of course they get swamped by guests in the mornings. Grocery/pharmacy shopping just down the road. Gotta feed the kids ASAP? There's an Applebee's on the property so you can "get her done".

I had one issue with some 20 something girl & her beau that were having a drunken argument next door. She couldn't speak 2 words without f-bombing into the early morning and I found that the sound insulation wasn't as good as I thought. Class act huh? I should've called the management but I thought the A/C's white noise would drown it out. No dice. We relocated to another room 1st thing in the morning w/out a hitch.

If you are either a couple or a whole family I think this is an excellent place to stay and explore the area without busting the pocketbook. Clean and comfortable.

Room tip: Check for their Yelp check-in upgrade offer. Used it on our second night.
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
GMSatterfield, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Windsor - Sonoma Wine Country, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2013

Thank you for your well-written review. It was a pleasure having your family with us. Glad you enjoyed your stay. I am sorry to hear about your experience with your neighbors. It's not something we hear a lot, but if we do we'll quickly take care of the excess noise. Luckily your stay is always 100% guaranteed at a Hampton. You can't lose! Thanks again and hurry back.

Reviewed March 28, 2013

My wife and I had a very enjoyable stay at the Hampton Inn. We were warmly welcomed by the front desk and offered fresh-baked chocolate cookies. The room was large, very quiet, tastefully decorated and in perfect condition. The hotel in only 5 years old and the facilities are perfectly maintained.

The location was also excellent - we were 5 minutes from downtown Healdsburg, 15 minutes from the Anderson Valley and 15-20 from the Dry Creek Valley wineries. Returning to the hotel in the early evening, the front desk suggested we walk 10 minutes into downtown Windsor for dinner. The suggestion was excellent and we enjoyed the cute downtown as well as a fabulous dinner at Chinois.

Highly recommended!

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Glad you enjoyed our local restaurants. That's one of my personal favorites too! Hope you were able to join us for our Friday night complimentary wine tasting in our lobby. We want all of our guests to enjoy the Russian River & wine country as much as you did! We do hope that you'll hurry back. I've got another favorite restaurant to share with you! ;-)

Reviewed March 23, 2013

Nice place to stay. Comfy beds, clean rooms, fridge and microwave make it great. Good hot breakfast of eggs, sausage and waffles in addition to fruit salad and other breakfast goodies round out the best part of staying here. I give 4 out of 5 because I thought it was a bit pricey for this type of establishment in this area.

• Trip type: Traveled solo
GMSatterfield, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Windsor - Sonoma Wine Country, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2013

Thanks so much for staying with us and for taking the time to inform your fellow travelers of your experience. I did want to let you know that we spend many hours a week surveying our competition to ensure that we have the lowest rate for comparable hotels in this area. We have also been working hard to ensure that as the rates go up, that we add as much value to your experience as we can. You can be sure that there's more of that coming! Hope to see you back soon!

Reviewed March 22, 2013

First time stay at a Hampton Inn for my husband and I and another couple. We purchased a voucher off of Amazon Local for 1 night and decided to stay for an additional night. I'm so glad we did. The rooms were large with comfy beds and lots of pillows, mini-fridges and microwaves, large bathrooms, and very quiet. We were nervous as our rooms were near the elevators but we never heard any hallway noise or elevator noises during the night. The rooms and the hotel as a whole were very clean and neat. The breakfast in the morning offered many choices and was very filling. We had complimentary wine tasting our first night in addition to the fresh baked cookies. And the Staff! They were fantastic! Everyone was incredibly friendly and accommodating. We are already planning another trip to Windsor and will be staying at the Hampton again.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Glad you enjoyed your stay. While we won't be repeating the AmazonLocal discount, we've certainly enjoyed meeting lots of new, wonderful guests through the promotion. We look forward to having you back with us soon!

Reviewed March 20, 2013

This was used as a base to explore the Russian River on a recent expedition for wine country business I was attending. The staff were so kind and helpful, as well the free breakfast in the morning felt like a great value from head to toe.

Perfect location to jump on and off the highway into Sonoma County for wineries.

Room tip: Get a room on the low floors. Easy in and out.
Date of stay: August 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
GMSatterfield, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Windsor - Sonoma Wine Country, responded to this reviewResponded March 22, 2013

Thanks for staying with us! Since you were here we've turned on our new solar pool heater, and should get the rest of our new pool furniture next week. We never tire of improving the hotel and our services. Hope you hurry back!