Hampton Inn & Suites Windsor - Sonoma Wine Country
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Healdsburg(Healdsburg)
The Duchamp Healdsburg(Healdsburg)
View Hotel
All reviewswine countrycomplimentary breakfasteasy accesssanta rosathe breakfast areanice pool areaclean roomsconvenient locationnice breakfastoff the highwaygreat place to staycookieswould definitely stay here againvery nice hotelfront desk staffminute driveyogurt
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 17, 2012

The Hampton inn in Windsor California was my home for a week while visiting northern California.
Very clean, dependable and the location is great for walking to a restaurant for a quick meal or to the market for whatever is needed.
Right off the main hwy it's just a short trip to all the wineries, and activities wine country has to offer.

2  Thank catsforme16
GMSatterfield, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Windsor - Sonoma Wine Country, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2012

Thanks so much for staying with us! We not only have a great location but in less than 3 weeks we also will be a great value as we are moving to our value-season pricing. It's a great time to spend a few nights and enjoy the beauty of the wine country. Hurry back!

Reviewed October 11, 2012

We are very happy we choose this Hampton. There are several in the area of Sonoma. Be careful, the other two we saw were in the middle of industrial parks with nothing around them. We have a little stip mall in front of us, with a Safeway and Starbucks and CVS. And, how wonderful, Johnny Garlics. The hotel has a nice breakfast. We did, on one day, walk over to the Skillets across the street, just for variety. While in October, pool was a little too cool - the outside hot tub was lovely. Ask for a room facing the strip mall. The rooms facing 101 were too loud. We would have given this a higher rating if the back of the hotel didn't face 101 - which was pretty loud when in the hot tub. Also, on Friday evenings there is a manager's wine happy hour.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the front of the hotel - or on the side - away from the highway 101.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
GMSatterfield, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Windsor - Sonoma Wine Country, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2012

Great to have you with us. Most of our guests mention the same things that they love about the hotel. And while it is a great hotel, we're glad to hear that most of our guests enjoy their time outside at wineries, redwood forests, hiking or watching sunsets over the Pacific Ocean! Hurry back!

Reviewed October 10, 2012

I thought I was being very careful. I booked our stay through Hotels.com, but because we were traveling with our Shih Tzu, I always double check to be sure that the properties will allow pets. In this case, all of the information I checked said "yes" so I booked 2 nights.

Upon arrival and mentioning to the staff that we had a pet, they told me that they do not allow pets any longer. After my discussion with the manager, we were allowed to stay. We were assessed $50 for Pupkakes and told that we needed to be very low key because they did not allow pets.

No for the good part....In their material in their rooms, it says pets are allowed. Called front desk and was told that they had not changed their material as yet.

All said and done, the room is fine, the breakfast is quite nice, Applebee's is right next door and I really not complain since they honored my information and their written materials.

But, if I had not been assertive and pushed them, they would have turned me away. Patrons, beware.

1  Thank Jan D

Good point! Please only believe what we have on our website! We do find guests coming to us with information from many internet sources that are not coming from us - and asking us to accommodate them. We are NOT pet friendly! We used to be, but are clearly not any longer. It's not that we don't like pets, its just that we have so many guests who have pet sensitivities that we have had to restrict our guest rooms. Please note that we did accommodate the guest despite our rules.

Reviewed October 4, 2012

I recently had the great pleasure of staying overnight at the Hampton. I was in a rush and this was the first hotel I drove by. However, upon walking into this grande luxurious hotel, I was instantly met with the wonderful smile of the front desk staff named Regina! She instantly made me feel right at home and helped me to find a good room. She was extraordinarily helpful and kind! I will definitely be planning a trip soon to stay once again at the fabulous Hampton!!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo

Thanks so much! We have a great staff and are glad that you felt the same. Hurry back!

Reviewed October 4, 2012 via mobile

This is an upscale Hampton Inn perfectly located for Napa and Sonoma wine touring. Breakfast is varied and plentiful....they even have prepared 'breakfast to go' bags if you need to get going quickly. Be sure to ask for the wine country packet when you check in. It contains several discount coupons which we put to good use. Coming back at tbe end of a fun day tasting wine and sitting by the fire was great.

• Stayed: September 2012

Yes, please enjoy one of our complimentary wine packets - including a map of the 100's of local wineries, and a few complimentary tasting coupons. If you have time, we'd be happy to spend a moment with you helping you customize your wine country experience just for you! Thanks for staying with us. We loved having you here!