WINNER WONDERLAND
Win Big When You Book on TripAdvisor

“Too bad there aren't more resorts like this one.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Laguna Del Sol

Laguna Del Sol
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Wilton
Laguna Del Sol
Grass Valley, California
“Too bad there aren't more resorts like this one.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2012

My husband and I have been going to this resort for many years, and became members in order to get the attendant discounts. Wonderful facility. We typically stay in a dog-friendly park model. Basic accomodations, but since they don't have daily maid service in the park models, Fido can relax in air conditioned comfort while his owners are relaxing down by the pool. The restaurant was great a few years ago, and then went through a slump in the quality of service, but the new proprietors are doing all they can to improve the quality. For those who like to fish, the lake (catch and release) offers fun fishing for bass, crappie, perch and catfish.

Room Tip: For those without pets, the hotel rooms are nice as is Park Model 1000. The walls in the main hotel...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Oakley, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2012

Wonderful pools, warm water, nice people, family oriented, always something to do, you can socialize or go off by yourself. I go everytime I can and have been a member for over twenty years . Jay gives a great massauge,,relieves all the stress of the outside world. If you have never been to Laguna , you don't know what you are missing. Thank You again to the wonderful staff that make every vist enjoyable.

Diana W.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank diana w
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2012

My wife and I are relatively new to naturist activities when we decided to stay at Laguna Del Sol for two days in Oct. 2012. Laguna Del Sol is clothing optional which means you have to be nude around the pools/spa but on the other parts of the grounds you can be as fully dressed or undressed as you wish. On the whole we were impressed, the grounds were immaculate, the staff accommodating and friendly, pools, exercise room, tennis courts, hammocks, small boats and kayaks all available to customers and in good working shape. The dining was great (closed Tues/Wed due to time of year) terrific cobb salad and they had several acres to stroll around including a lake with turtles and ducks. The resort is Pet Friendly which for other travelers who like to vacation with their dogs - this is very important. We could walk our dogs around the lake and roads and wear them out, then we would go play in the pools while our two small dogs slept in their kennel. We stayed in a Park Model (pet friendly) for about $100 a night (there are much lower rates for RV's and Campers), even at $100 this was the most inexpensive stay in our whole California driving trip. We stayed there Mon/Tues during the week and it was pretty low key but we understand that it can get quite busy on holidays or special events weekends. Pools were very clean and pool temps were just right. Very pleased with our first outing to the resort and wife is already asking when we can go back......clearly it was a Highlight of our trip to California. Thank you Laguna Del Sol for a wonderful time.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank JandJwa
California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2011

Just came back from a very relaxing weekend at Laguna del Sol. Saturday evening we attended the concert, "A Tribute to the Carpenters" by the group "Close to You." If you liked the melodic romantic music of Karen and Richard Carpenter you'd love this group. Before we went to the concert we dined at the restaurant overlooking the lake. Excellent meal, as always. Keep in mind that Laguna del Sol is a clothing optional resort. The only place where clothing isn't allowed is in the pools and spas. So, if you're not comfortable being totally nude you can come here and wear as many clothes as you like and no one will care. For example, at the concert, 99% of the people were dressed like they would dress for any concert in the outside world.

We stayed two nights in the hotel on premises. Just outside our room was a wonderful expanse of grass leading up to the edge of the lake. Our morning started with a soak in the spa in the hotel, breakfast, a bike ride around the lake,then soaking up the sun on a blanket on the grass. Both of us fell asleep. Ahh. What peace.

Room Tip: There are 5 types of accommodations here. 1. Camp in a tent - We do this when it's warm enough...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank BeachWizard4U
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2011

Laguna del Sol is our favorite retreat. My wife and I visit several times a year. We stay in our trailer. It has a hotel area and other park units that can be rented.

First, Laguna is a nudist resort. The only place it is au naturel is in pool areas. Everywhere else it is clothing optional. That includes the restaurant and bar, the nightclub, the gym, and everywhere. There is a lake in the center of the resort. Our trailer backed to the lake. Feeding the turtles, ducks and fish is relaxing. You can walk around the lake, just under a mile. Visitors can mingle with others or just relax alone.

One of the nice things about the location is the proximity to other activities. One of our favorites is wine tasting in Lodi, a few miles away.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
4 Thank FairwayFound
Lake Alfred, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2010

We have been to numerous resorts. This is a beautiful place and the members are fantastic. Outgoing friendly people! If we lived in the area we would definitely join!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank sgt_33
Sacramento, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2010

I've lived in the area for 35 years and had heard of Laguna Del Sol but never thought I would go there. My wife and I decided it was time. This was our first experience at a clothing optional resort. We were very nervous at first. However, the beautiful and peaceful grounds soon relaxed us. As we walked around we found all the guests to be polite and friendly and welcoming. We camped on the NE side of the lake at the end of the newer hotel. Bathrooms were very close here and incredibly clean! We spent most of our time at the indoor pool at the hotel and met some really friendly people there. The water in the pool is non-chlorinated and very easy on the skin. We had a couple of meals in the restaurant and I have to say the wait staff are the greatest. They are very accommodating and friendly. Kristyn is the best!

The only downsides I could find are the following: when I parked my trailer it was a little over the boundary. The grounds keeper was a little gruff in pointing it out to me. I talked to him for a few more minutes and he turned out to be a really nice guy but he could probably use a few classes at charm school. Also the front desk staff seemed to almost be suspicious in the way they treated us initially. However, after I had shed my clothes and went back to the office to ask a few more questions they were much more friendly. The entire staff could probably benefit from some customer service training but being in customer service as an occupation, I tend to be a little hard nosed on this one point.

They are sticklers for following rules here but I won't list that as a negative. It means that I'm not the only one following the rules. It makes for a comfortable safe environment for everyone. My wife was initially very apprehensive about going but after two days, she saw how safe the environment really is and was able to walk all over the park by herself fully nude and with no worries at all.

Pros:
Beautiful lake
HAMMOCKS!
On a scale of 1 to 10 the pools are 11
Grounds are meticulously maintained
Quietest campground I've ever been to
Friendliest campground I've ever been to
Most relaxing experience of my life!

Cons:
Too many people know about this gem and it gets crowded on weekends!

Overall the owners and staff of Laguna Del Sol should be quite proud of the resort they built. It is a gem in the Central Valley.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
6 Thank Scott V
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wilton
Hilton Garden Inn Sacramento Elk Grove
Hyatt Regency Sacramento
Hyatt Regency Sacramento
#4 of 81 in Sacramento
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,280 reviews

Been to Laguna Del Sol? Share your experiences!