“WOW!”

Black Bear Diner
Ranked #1 of 21 Restaurants in Willows
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: What’s not to love about the Black Bear Diner in Willows? Not only do we have the tastiest food around, our staff is a professional group of men and women who take great pride in their jobs. If you’re looking for the perfect place to spend time with family and friends while enjoying a home-cooked meal, then look no further — you’ve found exactly what you’ve been searching for.
Reviewed August 4, 2013

What a find, we had a lovely meal here. The service was great and they stocked some lovely craft beers.

Reviewed August 2, 2013

Usually go to black bears for breakfast but needed somewhere to eat for dinner so I thought I'd try.

I'm guessing they do their steaks different for dinner because I was disappointed. Nothing special, not seasoned the same, couldn't finish it which is rare for me.

I'd go back, but for breakfast next time and hope for better.

Reviewed July 28, 2013

Hey, its an American diner, what do you expect? If you want expensive french food, stay in SF. My wife is vegan and there was a nice salad that made her very happy.

Reviewed July 24, 2013

Sorry Willows, but this Black Bear is just not up to the standards that the chain would like them to be. I don't know how they continue to be so below standard for this chain. I guess no one has actually gone there to see that it isn't performing as it should. The food is not at all like several other Black Bears I have gone to. Particularly the one in Yreka which is miles above this place, both in food quality and service. A good example is the ham that is served for breakfast. At this place, you will receive a very thin and undercooked slimy piece of very untasty piece of ham. The coffee here is weak and not at all good. The service is lax. I won't ever frequent this place again.

Reviewed July 20, 2013

I've eaten at Black Bear Diners twice, and both times the same thing happened: midway through the meal the server was diverted to handle a large group and was never seen again. As a slight improvement over our experience at the one in Medford, Oregon, this time the server brought us our bill with our food and explained that she would be disappearing, but that she had spoken with another waiter who would take over our table. That never happened, of course, so once again I was denied the opportunity to try one of their famous Black Beary Cobblers. This time, when I explained to the manager at the cash register what had happened, she offered to sell me one to take with me. Gee, how generous. But that was more than the guy in Medford offered. When I told her this had happened to us twice in a row, she agreed that Black Bear Diners seem to specialize in large group functions. She also agreed with me that the problem is that the owners never add any staff to help them keep up. She actually encouraged me to go to the Black Bear site online and complain so that the company begins to realize it has a problem. I'll do that, but probably won't go to a Black Bear Diner again.

As for the food, I tried the trout again, just as I had in Medford. It tasted just as good, but for some reason sat like lead in my stomach all night. The mashed potatoes were also none too warm. I would have sent them back to be heated, but we had no server, remember?

Been to Black Bear Diner? Share your experiences!