“Another Black Bear, which is good.”

Willows Black Bear Diner
Ranked #1 of 21 Restaurants in Willows
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed December 1, 2011

We generally will go to Black Bear if it is easy and timely, they have good food and service and are open and welcoming. I have learned the get the little less meals, their regular meals are just more than I can eat. Go here if you are super hungry and plan to go a long time until you're next meal. The chicken fried steak is filling and good w/fair to middlin' country gravy. Country gravy is an art that not many people can master I'm sure it is better sometimes here than other times. This isn't the best BB or the worst.

Reviewed November 26, 2011

Big breakfasts here, you sure won't go hungry. I love diner food in general, but they're a bit on the greasy side. I noticed a party near me had small children, and the staff brought them crayons and fun pictures and was really accommodating for the young kids.

Reviewed October 10, 2011

Stopped during our family travels on the way and the way back!

First visit was for dinner...they were very slammed due to a busload, so our 4 year old had a bit of a hard time with the 45 minute wait for dinner, but everyone was very good natured about it. Food was good and plentiful.

Second was for breakfast. The 9 grain pancakes are not to be missed and are substantial, mouthwatering, and large enough to share!

This was the first time in years I've ordered hot tea and not only been given the right set up in the beginning (with a decent sized insulated carafe, honey, and lemon), but was also asked if I wanted a refresh...and they had a great selection, including my favorite Earl Grey. Most places (even pricier establishments) totally miss the point with tiny metal tea pots, lukewarm water...and no-name tea.

The omlettes are also large enough to share, full of delicious ingredients, with a biscuit as large as my face!

The prices are within the same range as Denny's and you get SO much more in terms of the ambience, food, and the amount of food! This is home-made, not reheated and the pies are great too!

I've never been disappointed with the Black Bear. Great value. Great casual gathering place for friends, family, and traveling with reliably good, plentiful food .

Reviewed September 15, 2011

We stopped in at the Black Bear for the "Beary" good charm. Bears everywhere. Carved stuffed painted; lotts of fun. The menu was full of choices and is in the form of a small newspaper. I had the New York Steak (13.99) and my wife the Thick Cut T-Bone (14.99). Both were Med Rare as ordered and were very tasty and perfectly cooked. Lots of great sides and choices. There were many choices that were "a little less" in size if you did not want the full meal. I almost went for the Sourdough Cheeseburger or the BBQ Pork Ribs, but loved my steak. Great place for the family. No trans fats at all in the fryers or butter.

Reviewed August 26, 2011

we loved this resturant very friendly staff good service