Holiday Inn Express Willows
$80
Super 8 Willows(Willows)(Great Value!)
$75
$84
Economy Inn(Corning)
$65
$63
No availability for your dates from our partners
Colusa Motel(Colusa)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsfront deskcinnamon rollsgreat stopparking lotyogurtcomplimentary breakfastwould definitely stay here againstaff was friendlypleasant surprisespacious roomeasy accessnext doorsecond floorvery nice hotelconvenient locationnon smokinghie
Reviewed July 21, 2010

I recently stayed at this hotel while on my way down to Sacramento to visit friends. I was planning on staying in the Redding area, but after seeing most of the reviews for those motels and hotels, decided to explore other options. I went to Trip Advisor to see what other areas I could choose from, and found this hotel in the Willows area. The reviews all looked great, so I decided to book. We arrived after 8pm, but were still greeted by a friendly face at the front desk. Check in was very fast and simple, and we were offered a fresh cookie. The hotel room was a double queen room, which I love. I travel frequently with family and friends, and have to share a bed on occasion, and a double bed is simply not enough room, no matter if you are large or small in size! The beds were very comfortable, with alot of pillows, a major plus in my book. Not only were there alot of pillows, but they had both soft and firm pillows, so everybody is happy! The bathroom was very nice, and the shower was large, had great water pressure-seems like silly thing, but I love it! Overall I loved staying at this hotel, and would stay again!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with friends
wlwca, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Willows, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2010

Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to write a guest review regarding your recent stay at our hotel.

Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us and we appreciate your response. We will utilize this response by continuing to focus on making each and every guest experience as outstanding as your time with us was. We hope to be of service to you in the future.

Roger

Reviewed July 19, 2010

We could not say enough about this hotel! The price was great, the hotel was very nice, the rooms were spacious and nicely designed. We were coming into town for a family members wedding, and they gave our family a great "wedding rate" of 99 per night- which was well worth every penny. Apon check in we realized that we were double booked and had two reservations guarenteed with two different CC. We did not check in until 10pm, and it was well pasted the cancellation policy time line. Seeing that this was a mistake, they cancelled the one room and did not charge us any penalty when they realized this was a mistake on our part. That was very nice of them since the hotel was sold out and they defiantely could have filled the room. The breakfast each morning was great and more then enough to fill up the whole family. During the whole day you can get cookies at the front desk and drinks all day long from the breakfast bar. With kids, this is sure a added bonus.
All in all we would definatly stay here again, as this is the best hotel (hands down) in Willows. You will be very happy you decided to stay here.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family

Roger

Reviewed July 5, 2010

The Holiday Inn Express appeared to be fairly new and is located about two blocks off Interstate 5. The hotel lobby was inviting and check-in was a breeze. The room was nicely decorated, spotlessly cleaned, and featured a nice flat screen television, microwave, refrigerator, and a wall-mounted thermostat controlled the exceptionally quiet air-conditioning unit. Breakfast was typical for a Holiday Inn Express with scrambled eggs, bacon, signature mini-cinnamon rolls, and fresh fruit plus the typical breakfast items. No issues here.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed June 10, 2010

Back in the day (3 years ago), you could stay at any Holiday Inn Express with confidence. Then they started to lower the standards (or to bring in more of the cranky franchisees), and things got a little less reliable.

The good news is that this location is one of the good ones. Pretty much everything is perfect. Check-in was smooth, and I had my key in 30 seconds. Room is spotless. I can't find a single thing wrong. Well...maybe the bed linens have seen slightly better days (or they need a good starching to bring back that crisp feeling). The mattress is one of those quilted pillow top thingys which always feel like sleeping on a firm mattress topped with 3 inches of mashed potatoes. And there are about 20 of those tiny green gnatty bugs inside the curtains and the window (but there are 20 trillion of those bugs in this little town, so this ratio is actually in my favor). Otherwise, thumbs up for this location. Please compare and contrast to the Holiday Inn Express dump 20 minutes up the road in Corning (unless they give you the "show" room which they gave me on my second stay there).

By the way, here's an easy way to determine whether your Holiday Inn Express is one of the good ones: Just look at the breakfast area. If the owner has installed the FULL set of HIE breakfast equipment and signage, then he's probably also not cut corners on the rooms, elevator, service, decoration, etc. of the rest of the hotel. If he's got some of the HIE breakfast equipment but also is still using on older refrigerator or orange juice dispenser, then you should just walk out. (OK, maybe exaggerating, but not by much!)

Another by the way, the infamous HIE eggs, a.k.a. "pleggs", seem to have been upgraded to actual eggs. I did not eat them, but they certainly looked more real and less plastic than in the past. Not sure if that is just an improvement at this single location or a chain-wide upgrade. Will report back on my next stop (Seaside).

Note to Willows management: peanuts spilled in elevator have been there for 16 hours now. What's up with that?! Manager needs to "manage by walking around" more.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 12, 2010

We stayed here while racing at Thunderhill nearby, and had a great experience. The staff was extremely helpful, as we had a last-minute change which was professionally handled by the front desk staff. The room was clean and spacious, and the included breakfast buffet offered more items than we expected. We will definitely plan to stay here again!

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with friends