“Not bad but not good either”

Best Western Willits Inn
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Willits
Reviewed August 29, 2007

The hotel looks pretty new, room clean, free breakfast / internet come in handy. Booked the room via Best Western directly but the hotel clerk tried to charge more for the 2nd person even though my reservation said two people. The room was a bit noisy from toilet and water pipe in addition to traffic from 101. Overall, it's an OK stay.

• Stayed: July 2007
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank sunnytravel

Reviewed August 26, 2007

The Hotel looked new and nice with very clean rooms. The beds were very comfortable and the room was fairly large.

Had a very good meal at the Purple Thistle in the center of Willits.
It's a little on the pricey side though. We sat outside in the back garden, very nice atmosphere and the service was great.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank lepolgr
Reviewed March 11, 2006

We travel to Southern Oregon several times a year, and make it a point to break our trip in Willits. We've also stayed at the Baechtel Creek in the city, and had no complaints, but prefer this Best Western. The rooms are large, clean and comfortable with no unpleasant smells, and the owners friendly and welcoming. We have arrived late, but have never been made to feel unwelcome. For breakfast or lunch, don't miss the Paradise Cafe, btw.

• Stayed: November 2005
5  Thank goodegg2004
Reviewed December 5, 2005

Terrible service, terrible location. Very noisy, hardly slept all night. Breakfast was promptly cleared away at 9am regardless of whether anyone was still eating or not. Assured us they would give us the AAA rate of $69, but ended up charging us more. When I called to question the bill the lady was very rude. Bath towels were small and rough. I would not recommend this hotel at all!!

• Stayed: November 2005
5  Thank Razzmatazz
Reviewed December 4, 2005

I felt I needed to let the business travelers know that the Best Western in Willits is not the place to stay. My company had booked this hotel owing to the name, Best Western. I arrived rather late and had to ring the night bell. After waiting out in the cold at least 10 minutes, a very grumpy man that was difficult to understand answered the door. He was exceeding rude and unpleasant. I felt bad that I had to wake him up, however, it is a hotel and how else could I check in? That night I could not sleep! I felt like trucks were going to come thru my window at any moment. The Hwy 101 comes into Willits and this hotel is located with its windows facing it, a few feet from the road. There is also a light right beside the hotel and trucks grind down and gear up all night! The room itself was okay, both in quality and cleanliness. The worst part of this experience to me was that the "managers/owners" were extremely unhelpful in whatever I asked. I needed directions to the company I was to visit. They didn't know. They didn't offer to get a map out, etc. This is not a large town - so why didn't they know? They had no recommendations of where to eat - just vaguely pointed me to a diner across the street. I decided after the first morning that I would find some place else to stay and I checked out and moved to the only place in town which is not right on the road - what a difference in noise level and customer service!

• Stayed: November 2005, traveled on business
5  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Sonoma county
Reviewed October 14, 2005

I called to make a phone reservation to reserve a room for my husband and his friend and gave my credit card number. The man taking the reservations was very polite, and when I told him they may be arriving late he told me to have them call if they were arriving after 9:00pm. I told him I would relay the message, and that was the end of our conversation. My husband called later that afternoon and said they did not think they would make it and for me to cancel the reservation. Another family member called a few minutes after 4:00pm to cancel and was told by a very rude women that it was too late to cancel and that she was going to charge the night to my credit card anyway. I called later out of disbelief and was subjected to the very same rude lady who kept repeating over and over that it was hotel "policy" to charge for a cancellation after 4:00pm. I told her I was not informed of this "policy," when I made the reservation and she basically said it didn't matter, that I should have known this. I have never been treated in such a rude manner by a hotel employee, or "owner"(or who ever she was) before. I just felt I had to warn people about the "unsppoken policy" at the Willits Best Western Hotel. I wish I had read the previous reviews before I tried to reserve a room from them, because had I done so I would never have bothered calling them.

• Stayed: October 2005
6  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
New York
Reviewed October 1, 2005

Stayed here 1 night in Sept. 2005 had 2 rooms. I found nothing at all wrong with this hotel. Check-in was quick and rooms where very clean. There's a nice little Mom & Pop Take out place next door that I would recommend named Chad's Fish & Chips very nice friendly people and good food.
Stay Here You'll like It.

• Stayed: September 2005
3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Willits
Baechtel Creek Inn
Hampton Inn Ukiah
Hampton Inn Ukiah
#1 of 15 in Ukiah
Holiday Inn Express Fort Bragg

Been to Best Western Willits Inn? Share your experiences!