“Sleeping at the race track non stop noise”

Best Western Willits Inn
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Willits
Reviewed October 2, 2010

We checked in, expensive, wanted to pay cash but the man ran our credit card through and didn't want to reverse it. So that should had tipped us off. Room was clean. Acceptable, but bed cover was stained, sheets appeared clean. Through the covers off. Yuk. Bed was comfortable though. Breakfast was ok, waffles,coffee juice cereal, simple but enough. 3 tables 6 chairs several people were standing. Staff was not going out of their way to help anyone. The noise was so loud from the highway non stop all night. Woke us up several times, I can not believe we paid so much to sleep on the race track!!!! I marked service as two because the room had proper amenities,towels etc. As for bad location, to close to the highway for the noise.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business

Reviewed August 2, 2010

We've stayed at all the hotels in Willits. And the only one we are going back to is this one. This is by far the best hotel in Willits. And the surrounding area. I've never encountered any of the problems here that everyone else has mentioned and I've been there four different times. This hotel has friendly staff. A nice breakfast with waffles. Plus, the problems the others mentioned would not be allowed by the hotel franchise. The pool and spa are my childrens favorite. While I do my laundry here. THIS IS FOR SURE THE BEST PLACE IN WILLITS.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank Traveler562
Reviewed July 28, 2010

Best Western Willits Inn, 1777 S. Main Street, Willits CA 95490, 707.459.5800

Folks, the bottom line here is that the hotel is located just too close to the highway. If you stay here you will experience horrible road noise, especially on the 1st floor. We tried to get a room higher up, but they were full and it was not an option. I don’t think it would have mattered much regardless. Aside from the noise, we found that there was very low water pressure in the shower and sink. The toilet in our room was not bolted to the floor….be careful. We also found hair in the shower. I thought it was initially from my wife or daughters, but when I mentioned it, they said they hadn’t showered yet. We could not get internet access. When I inquired, the front desk stated it was probably because my computer was not set up properly. I explained that I was an IT person and that my computer was fine. I offered to come take a look (for free) at their network but was hung up on. There were patches on the walls of the bathroom which were cosmetic I know, but just not what we expected. I wouldn’t recommend this place and suggest everyone passing through Willits California to keep on moving.

• Stayed: July 2010
Reviewed July 22, 2010

Skip this Best Western at all costs. We had room problems and the staff was totally uninterested or helpful. If you are heading north and like Best Western Hotels, stay in Garberville, where for about the same cost, they have a wine and cheese reception, extra large and modern and clean rooms, and a great stafff. If you are going south, stay at the Best Western in Ukiah- it is first rate all the way.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 17, 2010

There is a lot of noise from which you cannot escape because all rooms face the 101. Room is not as clean as you would expect, chairs and bedspreads full of stains, carpet seems old. Managers and staff not very friendly, they hardly smile. Breakfast area o.k., but no bagels. Good: WiFi-Connection and coffee.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 31, 2009

I have stayed at many Best Westerns with favorable experiences. However, THIS Best Western is by far the Worst Western, and worst hotel at which I have ever stayed. The manager is very rude, unhelpful and should be in another business. The rooms stink of chemicals and tobacco. The bed clothes were old and torn in many places. There were cigarette burns on the bedspread. The TV does not have a turn stand. Internet is via one plug in and therefore if two people want to get online....TOO BAD...no wireless! The noise of traffic persists all night because every single room faces highway 101, a meer few feet from the window. The heaters are the old variety that take a couple hours to heat up the room and then have no reasonable temperature control. Insects are everywhere. This is my worst hotel experience and my advice to anyone staying in Willits is to try the Beechwood, Motel 8, The Old Inn or even the back seat of their car before I would recommend one night at this flea bag disgusting excuse for accommodations. I would not wish this upon my enemy.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed October 15, 2009

Unfortunately we stayed at this BW in Willits on 10/2/2009.
No complaints about the room. The beds were good and the rooms were clean. Even though the rooms we stayed in were on the "sidewalk" of a busy stretch of 101 the noise wasn't too bad, it didn't keep us from sleeping or woke us up.
The bad thing were the extremely unfriendly people at the reception desk/management.
During check-in no friendly word, no smile, no welcoming gestures, the guy didn't even look me in the eyes. This never happend at any BW I stayed before and I stayed at many BW over the past few years, always a pleasure except this one.
In the morning we got the most minimal breakfast I've seen at a BW and we got lucky to get anything! We showed up for breakfast at 8:20AM (Breakfast until 9AM) The cereal milk dispenser was already disconnected. Butter was only available in a tupperware container and somewhat melted. Coffee was out! It appeared that the manager pressured two employees to clear the breakfast area. The unhappy manager started another pot of coffee and left. Two more people showed up for breakfast around 9:05 AM and there was no breakfast. They waited for the manager to return from his back room but no luck and no breakfast for them.

Again, no complaints about the room but the service of the managment is horrible and really makes you feel uncomfortable/unwanted.

If you can stay somewhere else!

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Willits
Baechtel Creek Inn
Hampton Inn Ukiah
#1 of 15 in Ukiah
Holiday Inn Express Fort Bragg
Best Western Orchard Inn

Been to Best Western Willits Inn? Share your experiences!